Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone still think Wallace doesn't get Vjax money? D. Bowe gets 5 for 56 million

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Mike Wallace, not Greg Jennings, Miami Dolphins' biggest target

[URL="http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story/0ap1000000147334/article/mike-wallace-not-greg-jennings-miami-dolphins-biggest-target"]http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story/0ap1000000147334/article/mike-wallace-not-greg-jennings-miami-dolphins-biggest-target
    [/URL]
    MW might not be appreciated here, but that apparently isn't the case everywhere...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Free agency nor the draft have even started yet, and we are already assuming we will have no players who can stretch the field? By the time kick off of week one, we will have both a WR and RB who have more speed than we do right now.
    Assuming you mean they are coming in via the draft, how much impact will a rookie actually have?

Actually, this has partly been Chadman's argument about Wallace & Mendenhall all along. In order to fill the void of them leaving, the Steelers are now 'forced' to find replacements. They now, realistically, NEED to add a field stretching WR & an everydown RB, because those players are not obvious among the players currently on the roster.

Since when have the Steelers had to draft for immediate need?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Bowe signed an extension of 5 for 56 million. Anyone still think Wallace doesn't get Vjax money?
    The issue was never what he could "get".

The issue is what is he WORTH in term of winning?

The Steelers have 7 rings. Other teams spend too much on receivers and go nowhere.

Arizona went to th SB with Fitz and Boldin.
    Fitz got his payday, lesser paid Boldin moved on and got a ring because the Ravens are balanced and not so stupid to overpay a single receiver.

When was the last time that a elite paid receiver was on a team that won a SB?

Some dumb team will sign Wallace for way more than he is worth.

Last edited by Captain Lemming; 03-07-2013 at 07:05 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    The issue was never what he could "get".

The issue is what is he WORTH in term of winning?

The Steelers have 7 rings. Other teams spend too much on receivers and go nowhere.

Arizona went to th SB with Fitz and Boldin.
    Fitz got his payday, lesser paid Boldin moved on and got a ring because the Ravens are balanced and not so stupid to overpay a single receiver.

When was the last time that a elite paid receiver was on a team that won a SB?

Some dumb team will sign Wallace for way more than he is worth.

It wasn't a question of worth. A lot of people believed Wallace was crazy to expect Vjax money. It appears very likely, however, he will exceed VJax's money just a year one year later.

The question of his worth is a different question and very debatable.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

I think most fans thought Wallace was crazy to expect big money from US. Most people said he would probaby get it from a team with no chance to contend and I think its an accurate statement.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I think most fans thought Wallace was crazy to expect big money from US. Most people said he would probaby get it from a team with no chance to contend and I think its an accurate statement.
    Accurate! No one doubted that there is a team that would overpay and make a bad investment. There are every year.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm thinking Wallace will get in the neighborhood of 12 mil avg from the Dolphins. I'm also thinking half way through the second year of the contract, Ross won't be welcome in his own neighborhood.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

lol.

the wallace detractors change their argument again.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    lol.

What changed? The argument has always been he isn't worth VJax money or Fitzgerald money. What do you think changed?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    lol.

Remember those who brought up why he won't draw much interest this year cause of the lack of I retest last year. Citing that giving up a #1 draft choice wasnt as big a deal as first thought