Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone still think Wallace doesn't get Vjax money? D. Bowe gets 5 for 56 million

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Anyone still think Wallace doesn't get Vjax money? D. Bowe gets 5 for 56 million

Bowe signed an extension of 5 for 56 million. Anyone still think Wallace doesn't get Vjax money?
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

That's a crazy contract for Bowe. If Wallace is able to use that as the benchmark, he could easily get $10-12 million per season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ridiculous. They really need to lower ticket prices. You figure the money is there for these guys to get these crazy contracts so it either goes to the players or the owners, but they need to cut ticket prices so it stays with the fans.
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 03-05-2013 at 03:20 PM.
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Ridiculous. They really need to lower ticket prices. You figure the money is there for these guys to get these crazy contracts so it either goes to the players or the owners, but they need to cut ticket prices so it stays with the fans.
    That would be nice for once.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't think the ticket prices have too much of an impact. I thought that most of the money came from TV advertising.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I don't think the ticket prices have too much of an impact. I thought that most of the money came from TV advertising.
    The ticket prices have an inverse relationship. The ticket prices are just icing on the cake for the Owners. I believe the ticket sales stay with the team, but the television deals have to be split among the teams in a revenue split.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Doesn't matter. Bottom line is the money is there that they could drop the cost of tickets.
    @_Hellgrammite

Starter

User Info Menu

BTW, as for the original topic. Im not surprised Bowe cashed in, and I wont be surprised when Wallace cashes in either. I also wont be surprised if Wallace is out of the league in 3 years.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Most rich owners are greedy sons of biotches. They only want things to go one way: They get richer and F everyone else. They will continue to go that way until fans stop showing up. Only then will they agree to lower ticket prices. The Jags never bothered to fix their defunct drinking fountains but would gladly sell you $5 bottles of water in the oppressive heat. Why would Weaver care; he was making tons of money on selling bottled water. THAT is the mentality of NFL owners.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, this thread got derailed quick.

Wallace will get paid. Other teams will value what he brings more than the Steelers.

Yet to be determined who is making the right decision, but unlike popular belief, Chadman is not convinced the Steelers got it right.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE