Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone still think Wallace doesn't get Vjax money? D. Bowe gets 5 for 56 million

Legend

User Info Menu

How does KC locking up their #1 WR for Alex Smith prove Wallace will get a huge pay day? I could see if this was a new team but all this really proves is KC loves Bowe and there is one less team on the market looking for a high profile WR.

I think Wallace my get a little more than we offered but not much.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Ridiculous. They really need to lower ticket prices. You figure the money is there for these guys to get these crazy contracts so it either goes to the players or the owners, but they need to cut ticket prices so it stays with the fans.

Most rich owners are greedy sons of biotches. They only want things to go one way: They get richer and F everyone else. They will continue to go that way until fans stop showing up. Only then will they agree to lower ticket prices. The Jags never bothered to fix their defunct drinking fountains but would gladly sell you $5 bottles of water in the oppressive heat. Why would Weaver care; he was making tons of money on selling bottled water. THAT is the mentality of NFL owners.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, this thread got derailed quick.

Wallace will get paid. Other teams will value what he brings more than the Steelers.

Yet to be determined who is making the right decision, but unlike popular belief, Chadman is not convinced the Steelers got it right.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    How does KC locking up their #1 WR for Alex Smith prove Wallace will get a huge pay day? I could see if this was a new team but all this really proves is KC loves Bowe and there is one less team on the market looking for a high profile WR.

I think Wallace my get a little more than we offered but not much.
    Wow. You don't think agents use other contracts as a basis for their demands? Do you think Bowe is a better receiver than Wallace? Bowe getting Vjax money sets the table for Wallace to ask the same. No one in their right mind thinks Bowe is a better receiver than Wallace.

Why do you think Flacco demanded to be paid 100,000 year a more than Drew Brees? Other contracts for the same position sets the market for other players at that position.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Well, this thread got derailed quick.

Wallace will get paid. Other teams will value what he brings more than the Steelers.

Yet to be determined who is making the right decision, but unlike popular belief, Chadman is not convinced the Steelers got it right.
    Sugar is with Chadman on this one...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Wow. You don't think agents use other contracts as a basis for their demands? Do you think Bowe is a better receiver than Wallace? Bowe getting Vjax money sets the table for Wallace to ask the same. No one in their right mind thinks Bowe is a better receiver than Wallace.

Why do you think Flacco demanded to be paid 100,000 year a more than Drew Brees? Other contracts for the same position sets the market for other players at that position.
    I have no idea if Bowe is better... I know Wallace is faster.

Flacco and Bowe resigned with their teams... this doesnt set the market IMO. I think the first WR to sign with a new team will set the market.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Flacco and Bowe resigned with their teams... this doesnt set the market IMO. I think the first WR to sign with a new team will set the market.
    disagree.

of course bowes contract will be used by wallaces agent. It won't matter at all just because bowe resigned with KC.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Wallace will get his money, in the ballpark of what Jackson and Bowe received. How much was the difference between Wallace and Jackson in the first place. Don't know if its accurate but the Steelers offered 10 mill a year so the difference was what about 5 mill? If so I wonder if the Steelers proposed an incentive laden deal to make up the difference in what he was asking and what they were offering.

At any rate, I might be a loner here but IMO Wallace is a playmaker, wished we could of signed him. The Steelers might have rushed to judgement by signing Brown, instead they closed the door on any possibility of retaining Mike.

Legend

User Info Menu

At any rate, I might be a loner here but IMO Wallace is a playmaker, wished we could of signed him. The Steelers might have rushed to judgement by signing Brown, instead they closed the door on any possibility of retaining Mike.

You are not alone.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    You are not alone.
    agreed, not alone

VJAx set the market rate, Bowe added a couple bucks to it, and Wallace will do the same to the contract Bowe got. That's the way the league works. We always think teams overpay for everyone, but 3 years down the road that overpaid contract isn't even top 10 anymore.