Thread: Keenan Lewis to the Patriots?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Keenan Lewis to the Patriots?

Does anyone see this as a possibility? I could. Lewis is a better guy than Talib and a comparable talent.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

I think they will focus on extensions for Welker and Vollmer first. And since Talib was successful for them last year (and they haven't had much success at corner since the days of Ty Law), I imagine they'll bring him back as well rather than taking a chance on an outsider who they can't be sure will fit in their defense.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I think they will focus on extensions for Welker and Vollmer first. And since Talib was successful for them last year (and they haven't had much success at corner since the days of Ty Law), I imagine they'll bring him back as well rather than taking a chance on an outsider who they can't be sure will fit in their defense.
    I don't think the Welker contract will be easy to get done. From his/his agent's perspective, he is delivering 100+ grabs a season and should be paid like he is. From the Pat's perspective, he wouldn't be putting those #s up anywhere than NE and with Brady throwing him the ball. I can see both sides: If I am WW, I am like, "why shouldn't I be paid as much as other WRs who put up the same #s as I do?" If I am the Pats, I am like "we all know some of the reason you are putting up these #s is because you are on this team, in this system, and we shouldn't have to pay top $ for them."

Will the be able to come to an agreement? I don't know. Belichick can get kind of testy when a player doesn't seem to be doing their part to be a team player come salaries. Why do you think they traded Seymore, who was a top player in his prime? I could see a scenario where WW walks. I could see them coming after Lewis, as they know their window is closing in the Brady era and they desperately want at least one more ring, at least. Lewis could really aid in their pretty weak DB situation, even if they keep Talib. Brady already agreed to a deal that _seemingly_ looks like a deal that is more agreeable than need be so they can afford more talent around him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Heard WW didn't get tagged by the *s.

Hey, about WW in B&G?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post

Hey, about WW in B&G?
    would not want even if the steelers had the money, which they don't.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    would not want even if the steelers had the money, which they don't.
    It would be funny to hear WW's wife go off on Big Ben

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post

Hey, about WW in B&G?
    Pgh would waste his talent. Ben would never throw to the short slant patterns that WW excels in, and would instead keep looking downfield instead of getting first downs by throwing to WW. It would be a waste of talent and $. Brady is like a surgeon back there. He is the James Bond of the NFL. Ben is more like the drunk frat boy who's boat is made out of a trailer home with inter-tubes under it and a keg on board. Brady sleeps and marries super models, while Ben drunkenly tries to have sex with pigs in public bathrooms. That is why WW does amazing for NE but would be wasted in Pgh.

Legend

User Info Menu

Brady is like a surgeon back there. He is the James Bond of the NFL. Ben is more like the drunk frat boy who's boat is made out of a trailer home with inter-tubes under it and a keg on board. Brady sleeps and marries super models, while Ben drunkenly tries to have sex with pigs in public bathrooms. That is why WW does amazing for NE but would be wasted in Pgh.
    So Wallace suits Ben's game better than Brown then?

Last Chadman checked, James Bond isn't a surgeon.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    James Bond isn't a surgeon.
    But he does get Pussy Galore. And in the spirit of James Bond, guys like WW would be one of the weapons designed by Q that James Bond (Brady) needs to be successful.

Ben's a natural, so he doesn't need Q