Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: William Gay talking to steelers but no contract yet

Legend

User Info Menu

not a bad move.

signing Willie Gay provides us with some depth and added competition in training camp. he already knows the system, actually plays okay in the slot and will help us contribute on special teams...

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This move reeks of complacency by the front office imo. Are there no other CBs available besides this guy? If the FO is afraid of losing Lewis there has to be better options. I hope this is a move for the nickel position and not starting corner possibilities. And I would rather have someone else at nickel. I don't believe this move makes the team any better, it is a lateral move.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Good move. So happy that the FO doesn't listen to this fan base....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think the move says more about curtis browns development than it does about lewis's chance of staying.

the lights better come on for him real quick.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think Gay is a good slot CB; if AZ was unhappy with him, was he playing the slot or did they put him out wide? Were they juxtaposing his play with Peterson's - who is a freak? As long as this was a move to secure the slot, I am OK with it. At least we know he knows the Steeler/Dicky rocket science/brain surgery scheme. It would take any other player YEARS to figure out.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

By the way, I am reading this is a done deal.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    By the way, I am reading this is a done deal.
    gee thanks for letting us know.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I think the move says more about curtis browns development than it does about lewis's chance of staying.

Exactly. I like the signing. Gay is a solid DB that will provide us some depth in a position whose importance has risen exponentially the last few years. That will give Brown and Van Dyke some more time for the light bulb to come on.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Here are the numbers:

Gerry Dulac@gerrydulacWilliam Gay's deal: 3 yrs, $4.5million, $500k signing bonus.
    Could be better, could be worse.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post

/\ What I was thinking. Brown didn't do much in the developement department, beside we could still sign Lewis combined with Ike, Cortez,Gay makes it one of the best in the league.