Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: James Harrison's replacement

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

James Harrison's replacement

First of all I think Worilds will be given every opportunity to win the starting job. However, I think Tomlin and Colbert are very much keeping their options open with returning Lawrence Timmons to the outside. It's going to be much easier to find ILB's in the middle rounds than premier pass rushing OLB's.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    First of all I think Worilds will be given every opportunity to win the starting job. However, I think Tomlin and Colbert are very much keeping their options open with returning Lawrence Timmons to the outside. It's going to be much easier to find ILB's in the middle rounds than premier pass rushing OLB's.
    Hmm... why do you think all that?? Did you read or hear something that would give you that impression?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It is possible but I think unlikely. He did not show much in that position but flashes at ILB. They have been trying to find that diamond in the rough at OLB and may have with Adrian Robinson. Lets see how he does in camp along with the other OLB's. I think a healthy in shape an HUNGRY Woodley could move to Harrison's side with Worilds on the other. But I am not sure if Woodley is that type of player to push himself to new heights and be best of the best.

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree that Timmons moving to the outside is still a viable option. Timmons really never had an opportunity to settle in and really become comfortable on the outside since he was bouncing back and forth due to injuries. He defintely has the skillsets and athleticism to be successful there. Besides, its not like Harrison and Woodley are burning it up on the outside anymore.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Administrator

User Info Menu

I sure hope not. That will provide validation to many fans that Tomlin doesn't have a damn clue about personnel.

Timmons (although drafted as a OLB) is a complete non-factor as a OLB. You might as well put Chris Carter in at OLB because you wouldn't see a difference between him and Timmons. It's taken forever to get Timmons playing the way he has at ILB and you want to move him? If you do that, you automatically make 2 positions weaker.. not just 1.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I sure hope not. That will provide validation to many fans that Tomlin doesn't have a damn clue about personnel.

Timmons (although drafted as a OLB) is a complete non-factor as a OLB. You might as well put Chris Carter in at OLB because you wouldn't see a difference between him and Timmons. It's taken forever to get Timmons playing the way he has at ILB and you want to move him? If you do that, you automatically make 2 positions weaker.. not just 1.
    I agree completely. Timmons was often asked to rush the passer from the outside when he was moved there and he didn't get the job done. I'd rather see him stay inside.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

They tried Timmons at OLB; it was FAIL. He is a much better ILB.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Timmons was a non-factor in games where he replaced Harrison on the outside. He has learned the ins and outs of playing ILB now so lets keep him there and let him shine. We have other options for outside linebacker.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Would be surprised if Worilds isn't given every chance to hold down the OLB spot. In fact, Chadman was happy with the performances from Worilds this season, and thinks we might see a bit of a surprise package out of him once he gets the opportunity to start for a decent length of time. He was a phenomanal pass rusher off the edge at Virginia Tech.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What do you think about FSU's Vince Williams? I know he plays inside but so did Harrison before he became a Steeler. They are built about the same and Williams is just as nasty.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash