Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do we now move Timmons to OLB and draft an ILB?

Legend

User Info Menu

Do we now move Timmons to OLB and draft an ILB?

Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette:

“@pghkid83: if steelers cut harrison any possibility of moving timmons outside, rebuild the middle even if they sign Foote for 1 yr” ...

Yes

[URL]https://twitter.com/EdBouchette[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd hate to move Timmons now. The guy seemed to finally "get it" and was a beast on the inside last season. I'm not sure the Steelers have any good alternatives though.

Starter

User Info Menu

Let Worilds play, draft an OLB in the middle rounds. Timmons showed nothing when played OLB so why move him?
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by focosteeler View Post
    Let Worilds play, draft an OLB in the middle rounds. Timmons showed nothing when played OLB so why move him?
    agree with this.

Legend

User Info Menu

Better to keep some stability at LB. Timmons was the only one who performed the last two seasons. However with a training camp under his belt I think he could switch to OLB. Big difference when you have an off season to get ready for a position change versus getting thrown in because the ones there can't stay healthy.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

The Pittsburgh Steelers are not 100 percent sold about having LB Jason Worilds as a starter because of his inexperience and his inability to stay healthy. The team has their eyes on at least three outside linebacker free agents that they consider young and underutilized. The team likely would only be willing to pay a free agent $3 million or $4 million a season.

Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review - Mark Kaboly

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He was pitiful at OLB. That is the worst idea ever.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

A big NO to timmons moving, as suggested let Worlids play, he's on a contract year so with more snaps by starting we'll see if he has what it takes. I think he'll be ok in pressuring the QB, he needs to get better stopping the run and pass coverage the only way he gets better is to play.

Btw, he's capable of a ten sack season, getting the other areas improved would be a big plus.

Legend

User Info Menu

OK, who will replace James Harrison?

March 9th, 2013
    Mark Kaboly | Tribune-Review

With the Steelers departing ways with James Harrison on Saturday in a salary cap move, the question quickly moved to who will replace the All-Pro linebacker on the right side?

The logical answer is Jason Worilds — a former 2nd-round pick that showed flashes last year while replacing Harrison early in the season and LaMarr Woodley late in the season.

According to ProFootballFocus, Worilds finished the season with five sacks despite only rushing the passer 175 times. By comparison, Harrison had six sacks in 310 pass rushes and Woodley four sacks in 245 pass rushes.

Worilds has played in 999 snaps in three season and has 10 career sacks.

Despite the improvement from Worilds, the Steelers aren’t 100 percent sold on him because of his lack of experience and his inability to stay healthy and will look for competition for him on the free agency market so that’s why they are exploring free that possibility.

The organization has their eyes on at least three what can be considered young and underutilized free agent outside linebackers. Taking a linebacker early in the draft would not help the situation immediately.

The issue with a free agent replacement is that the Steelers don’t have a ton of money to throw at that position especially since they just released a guy because of money. The Steelers would likely be only willing to offer $3-4 million per season to a guy like that, and that wouldn’t entice many young free agents with potential.

So unless the Steelers are willing to scratch together a little more money to offer a free agent linebacker, they will have no choice but to hand the job over to Worilds.

And if Worilds stays healthy, that might not be a bad thing … that is if he stays healthy.

[URL]http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2013/03/09/ok-who-will-replace-james-harrison/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

A year ago, I would've been touting Cris Carter as the heir apparent. Today, he has as good a shot as me (at replacing Harrison).