Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Margus Hunt Anyone?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Hunt is an interesting prospect, but isn't he 26 or 28 years old? For a raw player that age, I would pass because the cost to get him will likely be too high.
    His age could make him available in Round 2
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    His age could make him available in Round 2
    Even in the second round, I don't want an older project player who will be on the wrong side of 30 when it comes time for his second contract.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Even in the second round, I don't want an older project player who will be on the wrong side of 30 when it comes time for his second contract.

Truth to that since LeBeau would make him sit and watch for two years anyway before he would be deemed "worthy" to play
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Truth to that since LeBeau would make him sit and watch for two years anyway before he would be deemed "worthy" to play
    I know how you feel about Lebeau, but this kid has been described as raw. He will likely have a big learning curve wherever he goes. Even if he plays early, there is a good chance that he's not effective.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Seems that just like Keenan Lewis, Worilds and Heyward will get their shot to finally prove themselves in their contract years. If they turn out to perform really well, we won't be able to afford them....something needs to change.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Seems that just like Keenan Lewis, Worilds and Heyward will get their shot to finally prove themselves in their contract years. If they turn out to perform really well, we won't be able to afford them....something needs to change.
    As for Keenan Lewis, that falls squarely on him. He is the guy that couldn't perform and couldn't take a starting spot away from Willie Gay. Lewis was a pretty big question mark coming into last year, but that falls on him.

As for Worilds, he's seemingly always hurt. Last year was a big opportunity for him to prove himself, but he wasn't healthy to start the year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So if the player takes a long time to finally start, its on them....not the system or the coaching....gotcha.
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

So if the player takes a long time to finally start, its on them....not the system or the coaching....gotcha.
    It is not that simple. Sometimes it is the player. Sometime it is the system. And sometime it is the coaches. But if it is the system or coaches we should be seeing that I would think. How many times have we seen these players move on and have a good career? Not many if any 2nd tier players. It seems to me most times even really good players for the steelers do not do well after leaving. An there could be more then one reason for that.

Do the Steelers miss on a few players? Yes they do. But it happens to every team. The only player that seemed to be really good that we lost young was Vrabel. The linemen Urbik was also a loss. But there are not many I remember.

This board has been grumpy this off season!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    His Mom spelled his name with a G instead of a C, so I'd stay away from him. Not that I can spell either. I guess I could be his dad.
    I wondered about that. Probably why I did not pay much attention to him. But, a player I like a lot and would not mind if TS picked him up was the WR Wheaton. He spells his first name with a K. MarKus. That threw me off a bit too. Next I suppose we will get a couple Marvus so and so's. Then again maybe those were typos. Marbus, Marlus, Marsus, Marfus, Marmus, Marnus, Mar--- Forget it! No way TS draft this guy. I don't care what Walter Football says. Then again maybe the Roogneys like him?

Legend

User Info Menu

Especially in the case of Lewis, it is absolutely on him. Remember his temper tantrum in the pre-season a few years back? He had maturity issues.

Cortez Allen, playing in the same secondary, with the same coaches and the same system, contributed more early in his career relative to Lewis