Thread: Flacco to be highest paid QB in history

Hybrid View

Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar

Flacco to be highest paid QB in history

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/90...cording-source

6yr - 120.6 million

Eat up the cap Joe!
    @_Hellgrammite

Wow! That's gonna hurt the team. No way Flacco is worth that kind of money. I love it.

Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TD386Steel View Post
    Wow! That's gonna hurt the team. No way Flacco is worth that kind of money. I love it.
    +1! Gonna make it tougher to sign Reed, Ellerbe, CB Williams, Kruger, etc. Plus they now need a center with Birk retiring.
    @_Hellgrammite

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post

Eat up the cap Joe!
    that's funny, exactly what I was thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    that's funny, exactly what I was thinking!
    Yup, that was my first thought as well. The Ravens will now see that it is a lot harder to build and maintain a roster when you have to pay a franchise QB. And paying Flacco at that level is insane. They gambled on this one by not extending him last year and lost.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Yup, that was my first thought as well. The Ravens will now see that it is a lot harder to build and maintain a roster when you have to pay a franchise QB. And paying Flacco at that level is insane. They gambled on this one by not extending him last year and lost.

I know its the Rats but cmon... a franchise QB is the goal of every team. Well, every team except those coached by Wandstat, Cowher and Schottenheimer. lol...

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I know its the Rats but cmon... a franchise QB is the goal of every team. Well, every team except those coached by Wandstat, Cowher and Schottenheimer. lol...
    Having a franchise QB is the goal of every team, no doubt. But is Flacco a franchise QB? Can he carry at team? He certainly is not the best QB in the league.

Paying a QB franchise level QB salary makes it harder to find a supporting cast.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Having a franchise QB is the goal of every team, no doubt. But is Flacco a franchise QB? Can he carry at team? He certainly is not the best QB in the league.

Paying a QB franchise level QB salary makes it harder to find a supporting cast.
    That's the biggest problem I would have if I was a Ravens fan. If you are paying a QB $120M+ there should be NO debate about being a franchise QB, but I am seeing plenty of it.

Pro Bowler
    Timing is everything. He went on a huge run and won a ring. Of course you have to break the bank to keep him. He must be going to bed and waking up with a ginormous smile on his face. Woodley looks like a tool now. Well, a fat tool.

No room now for Ernie under the cap. Break up Sesami Street.
    PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS