Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big Ben: Steelers locker room is perfectly fine

Legend

User Info Menu

Its obvious the locker room had some problems... last year wasnt the norm so its no surprise the team is a little off.

Not sure Ben coming in after the fact means its the truth...

Does anyone truly believe the team didnt lack leadership? Heck, we had rifts with Hines, JH and Ben during good times...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Its obvious the locker room had some problems... last year wasnt the norm so its no surprise the team is a little off.

Not sure Ben coming in after the fact means its the truth...

Does anyone truly believe the team didnt lack leadership? Heck, we had rifts with Hines, JH and Ben during good times...
    It was obvious to me they were not "together" last season. The win in Balt. gave me hope that they had found their way, but, alas, with the weak showing vs. Cinci and Dallas, needing to just win ONE of those games to make the post season, they hadn't got the mess sorted out. But, in 2005, they found their chemistry late that season to win it all, so I thought it was still possible. But we didn't have a "win one for the Bus" to aid in our focus last year. I think Ben is somewhat of a phony and that helps add to the poor unity issue. You have players who sell out to do everything to win, and then you have the aloof Ben, who just slops his way around with a frat boy mentality like he is playing flag football with a keg on the sidelines. Those who take it more seriously do not buy into the "gun slinger" mentality. When he is playing clutch ball, pulling out Ws, that made up for his undisciplined manner in which he operates, but now that he has lost his clutch gene, his act no longer flies with half of the team.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't know if Ben has great leadership skills or not, I'm not in the locker room and neither is anyone else on this board (right? Or ... , nah, no way!).

What I do know is that Ben's boss said there weren't problems, and then Ben went out and said the right thing after that. He could have stayed STFU, but he didn't. So, I think that alone is a real plus. Maybe's he's not John Wayne, but he's trying to do the right thing for the team. That deserves some respect. Whether he did it in the way that some people wish he did or not is besides the point, as I see it anyway.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    I don't know if Ben has great leadership skills or not, I'm not in the locker room and neither is anyone else on this board (right? Or ... , nah, no way!).

What I do know is that Ben's boss said there weren't problems, and then Ben went out and said the right thing after that. He could have stayed STFU, but he didn't. So, I think that alone is a real plus. Maybe's he's not John Wayne, but he's trying to do the right thing for the team, that deserves some respect, as I see it anyway.
    Agreed. He basically just backed what management said.