Thread: Michael Turner available

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Michael Turner available

Saw on Facebook that dork Adam Schefter said that Atlanta released Turner, Dunta Robinson and John Abraham.

Is Turner worth kicking the tires on?

Legend

User Info Menu

I think he's done. If we needed a goal line back, I may consider him or if we needed an experienced back to handle 3rd downs to safely pick up blitzes.

But at his age and mileage, he gives you less than Redman.

Legend

User Info Menu

I wouldn't bother. Here in Atlanta his being cut is the least surprising item of their offseason. It was widely known the Falcons knew befor ethe season started this was the last season for him. Plus, his cap # was just below $9m. Doubtful he's even taking calls for the vet minimum (at least until no one calls). I'd agree with Flip - gives nothing more than Redman.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I guess I was thinking of the Michael Turner from 5 years ago. Carry on. Nothing to see here!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think he's done. If we needed a goal line back, I may consider him or if we needed an experienced back to handle 3rd downs to safely pick up blitzes.

But at his age and mileage, he gives you less than Redman.
    Yea, that's all we need is another old dude. No way does it make sense to sign this guy, even for league minimum; that would be a really stupid decision. He is spent. He is slow and fat. I would even take Batch over this used up back, and I think Batch is almost worthless.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler View Post
    I guess I was thinking of the Michael Turner from 5 years ago. Carry on. Nothing to see here!
    Yea, the MT from years ago was on of the best backs in the NFL. This version, not so much. He sucks at this point

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd take Bradshaw over him.
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We want a RB that has something to offer, going to the scrap heap won't solve this issue. I think someone here mentioned Ivory, now he would be a more formidable back to talk about but he won't play for peanuts.
    Their best option at this point is to draft a young back who wants to prove himself, not another teams castoffs.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Agreed on the daft a young RB. It appears that there will be a lot of good backs available in the draft this year. Have to day I'm kinda liking Le'veon Bell. That highlight video was impressive.