Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What if Jarvis Jones does drop??

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I am very happy with the pick. I believe he will be an excellent pass rusher for us by mid-season.

Jones is willing in run support, but I've seen cornerbacks with better upper body muscle development. His arms are scrawny, and he needs to get stronger to be a complete OLB.

He has been great on special teams.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Man, I can't understand the angst anyone has over this pick. He's playing in his third NFL game this weekend, he's shown the ability to make some plays behind the LOS, he's close to getting sacks, by all accounts is a workaholic and to satisfy the "our defensive draft picks don't get on the field for 15 years" crowd, he's playing as a rookie, can I ask What more do you want from this kid right now?"

The team is struggling, but don't take that out on him, he isn't even on the radar as to what is wrong with this team right now. Geesh...

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

JJ, should be a perennial pro bowler by year 3, barring injury.

Legend

User Info Menu

Since college is the only way to judge a player prior to the draft, on paper this kid was a home run. His college playing resume, in arguably the best conference in the country, was beyond stellar. It certainly crushed Hood, Heyward, Timmons, and was easily as good as DeCastro, Pouncey, and Mendenhall. So far he shows nothing but promise and upside. A breath of fresh air in a sea of putrid draft choices spanning the last 5 -6 years.

Legend

User Info Menu

Let's put it this way, if the Jones pick doesnt happen, the Steelers have Worilds as their premier pass rusher..... not exactly causing opposing QBs to run away in fear....

at least Jones has sniffed a few times at a QB sack.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Why did this thread even get bumped (i.e. "I told you so" moment)? I like Jones, but its not like he's done... anything, really. Yeah, he's had a few little moments where we've noticed him, but its not like he's actually made even a SACK yet. Or an INT. OK, I guess he's cracked the starting lineup. But how about we wait until he starts putting up results, before we say I told you so.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Why did this thread even get bumped (i.e. "I told you so" moment)? I like Jones, but its not like he's done... anything, really. Yeah, he's had a few little moments where we've noticed him, but its not like he's actually made even a SACK yet. Or an INT. OK, I guess he's cracked the starting lineup. But how about we wait until he starts putting up results, before we say I told you so.
    someone is a fan... of themselves. LOL...

Jones has been a terror on ST's... one of the few bright spots this season. I have no problem giving Dub credit on Jones...

he needs it after all these other horrible predictions

Backup

User Info Menu

Forget all this talk of Jarvis Jones dropping to us at #17. It'll never happen.

Legend

User Info Menu

.... bump...

not the instant starter some said. The negatives on JJ have turned out to be spot on so far.

Can only hope JJ continues the modest improvements to his game to become a good OLB.

Legend

User Info Menu

lol.. what happened to Dub? Still licking his wounds?