Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Injury update (per Adam Schefter)

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Injury update (per Adam Schefter)

LB Ryan Shazier sprained MCL. MRI today.

LB Jarvis Jones likely needs wrist surgery. Sidelined indefinitely.

CB Ike Taylor broken arm (of course we all knew that diagnosis pretty much immediately after it happened).

Expletives deleted.

Pro Bowler
    Wonder if it's a grade 1 or 2 strain (I believe grade 3 is an actual tear). Probably not seeing Shazier for at least 3 weeks minimum and longer if it's a grade 2 (4 to 6 weeks).

How did Jones get injured? I missed when it happened and suddenly Moats was out there.

Guess the rookie Richardson is getting the call up from the PS.

I'm assuming I.R. [designated to return] for Jarvis, an I.R. and done for the year (and perhaps career, unfortunately) for Ike, and just a gameday inactive for Shazier until he's healthy to return to the lineup. But we'll see. If Jarvis' surgery rehab is expected to be shorter term than 6-8 weeks, then maybe they keep him off I.R. altogether for the time being and use the I.R. designated to return on Ike (if they feel that he can come back from a broken forearm late in the season).

How long of recovery for MCL sprain?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Wonder if it's a grade 1 or 2 strain (I believe grade 3 is an actual tear). Probably not seeing Shazier for at least 3 weeks minimum and longer if it's a grade 2 (4 to 6 weeks).

How did Jones get injured? I missed when it happened and suddenly Moats was out there.

Guess the rookie Richardson is getting the call up from the PS.
    Jarvis' wrist got hurt on the play where he caused Newton to fumble.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    How long of recovery for MCL sprain?
    We'll know more once the MRI today tells us what grade of sprain it is.

Last night very well could be the last time we see Ike Taylor in a Steeler uniform. A lot have complained about him over the years,but for a guy drafted as a forth round "project" he played 12 years in the NFL,appearing in 3 Super Bowls,winning 2. I would bet that there many players who would trade careers with him in a heart beat.

Hall of Famer
    If Ike Taylor could catch, he would probably have gone down as one of the top five corners ever to play for the Steelers. He was not elite, but in an era in which corners have so many rules going against their chances of success, Ike has been very good.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    If Ike Taylor could catch, he would probably have gone down as one of the top five corners ever to play for the Steelers. He was not elite, but in an era in which corners have so many rules going against their chances of success, Ike has been very good.
    After Mel Blount and Rod Woodson (obviously), who else would you put up there other than Ike? Jack Butler's a Hall of Famer from the old days who'd likely slide in at #3, but who else would keep Ike out of the top 5? Dwayne Woodruff? Deshea Townsend? I'd give Ike the #4 slot, even though he couldn't catch a cold.