Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What if Jarvis Jones does drop??

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    He's still can develop though. Lloyd wasn't a dominant pass rusher... just a terrific football player. Peezy wasn't either... he used to always get handled by the best. There is no shame in that. What Jones needs is to work to find his niche and play to his strengths. IMO, he has good instincts and can tackle well. He's pretty quick in a short-area.

As you say, I think his die is cast in terms of his ceiling. I don't think we have "Von Miller" or Dwight Freeney on our hands. But I think he still has a chance to be a lesser Greg Lloyd or Peezy, a Jason Gildon-level player.
    If he attained Lloyd or Peezy status, I'd be elated. Gildon is the team's all time sack leader, I'd take that too, as long as it the younger version; not the titty fighting do nothing one.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Alec Ogletree had an outstanding season last year, started 16 games with 95 tackles.

I'm not down on JJ, just wanted to point out the many unrealistic claims that he would be an instant starter on the team because he wouldn't need to be "converted". You've basically made the same statement.
    Like I said, there are always exceptions to the rule. But, for everyone you name I could probably name 5 who did next to nothing. btw: ogletree only had 1.5 sacks...it's great to make tackles but splash plays is what separates the men from the boys. I'm not in the least worried about JJ. Our rookies never advance quick enough for Steeler fans.
    Trolls are people too.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Like I said, there are always exceptions to the rule. But, for everyone you name I could probably name 5 who did next to nothing. btw: ogletree only had 1.5 sacks...it's great to make tackles but splash plays is what separates the men from the boys. I'm not in the least worried about JJ. Our rookies never advance quick enough for Steeler fans.
    Be careful! If you use the term "splash play", you may be ridiculed!
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    If he attained Lloyd or Peezy status, I'd be elated. Gildon is the team's all time sack leader, I'd take that too, as long as it the younger version; not the titty fighting do nothing one.

Ah, the memories! The Gildong reports. Burnt and Charred... how I miss those days..

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Jarvis better make some hay today vs. a guy named Byron Bell.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

JJ had a pretty good game.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Exactly!! Jones compares quite favorably to others in his rookie class at his position. Many drafted much higher than him.

[url=https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/04/01/rookies-in-focus-jarvis-jones/]Rookies in Focus[/url]
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!