Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: I think Lewis have agreed to terms

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I just can't see a CB that doesn't create turnovers being 10 mil / year when he's easily on the downside of his career.
    But you want to pay Lewis 8-10 million a year? He doesn't creat any turnovers either.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

If he wouldn't say what it was, it means he talked to a team this weekend, agreed to terms, but, can't announce it until free agency officially begins. If he had signed with the Steelers, I think he would have said it already.

IMO, he's gone and got a FAT contract offer somewhere...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    If he wouldn't say what it was, it means he talked to a team this weekend, agreed to terms, but, can't announce it until free agency officially begins. If he had signed with the Steelers, I think he would have said it already.

IMO, he's gone and got a FAT contract offer somewhere...
    no. that it is not it. that tweet or fb post is from March 1st or 2nd. no team would agree to terms with him then. that would have been tampering.

and, nice 6th round pick
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    But you want to pay Lewis 8-10 million a year? He doesn't creat any turnovers either.
    I wouldn't pay Lewis 10 million...It's tough to say what his market is right now. I sure as hell wouldn't pay a 33.5 y/o that can't catch a cold close to 10/mil. That's for damn sure.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I wouldn't pay Lewis 10 million...It's tough to say what his market is right now. I sure as hell wouldn't pay a 33.5 y/o that can't catch a cold close to 10/mil. That's for damn sure.
    I'd offer Lewis about $8M per year max. He has had one good season. If someone wants to pay him $10M per year then good luck with that.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers ARE NOT going to pay Lewis $8 million a year

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    no. that it is not it. that tweet or fb post is from March 1st or 2nd. no team would agree to terms with him then. that would have been tampering.

and, nice 6th round pick
    1st or 2nd... and nothing announced a week later? sure, keep hope alive...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Taking stock at the corners

As we sit here in early March, the top three cornerbacks shape up as Ike Taylor and Cortez Allen starting and William Gay in the slot in the nickel defense. Maybe they will pull a rabbit out of their hat and re-sign Lewis, but that is beginning to look as difficult as re-signing Wallace.

They would not have signed Gay had they thought Lewis would be back or if Curtis Brown developed the way they had hoped. Brown was a third-round pick from Texas in 2011, and Allen was a fourth-rounder from that football hotbed, The Citadel. Allen was a late bloomer, having not played football until his senior year in high school (thus, The Citadel).

[URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/on-the-steelers-harrison-release-could-be-a-sign-of-things-to-come-678724/#ixzz2NBHHvUXQ[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Keenan Lewis will command 5-6 million/yr in FA. I think Steelers will allow KLewis to check the market before matching the offer.

There are too many DBs in Free Agency this season. KLew problem is he played well only for one season. Now if he had come to party in 2011 things could have been different.

Few Free Agent DB:
    Charles Woodson (GB)
    Brent Grimes (ATL)
    Aqib Talib (NE)
    Sean Smith (MIA)
    Derek Cox (JAC)
    Cary Williams (BAL)
    Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (PHI)\
    Greg Toler
    Tracy Porter
    Chris Houston

D-Revis and Nmadi should also be on market at right price.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    Keenan Lewis will command 5-6 million/yr in FA. I think Steelers will allow KLewis to check the market before matching the offer.

There are too many DBs in Free Agency this season. KLew problem is he played well only for one season. Now if he had come to party in 2011 things could have been different.

Few Free Agent DB:
    Charles Woodson (GB)
    Brent Grimes (ATL)
    Aqib Talib (NE)
    Sean Smith (MIA)
    Derek Cox (JAC)
    Cary Williams (BAL)
    Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (PHI)\
    Greg Toler
    Tracy Porter
    Chris Houston

D-Revis and Nmadi should also be on market at right price.
    Flipping through the radio on my work commute, a Cleveland sports talk host mentioned Keenan Lewis and said, I quote, "I would like the Browns to do better."

Ouch...