Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 90

Thread: I think Lewis have agreed to terms

  1. #11
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Again...the Steelers rarely lose young talent they wish to keep.
    Yep!! And if this is true then right away they have improved their team from last year. How's that? Well it pretty much means that Ike Taylor is not coming back...and I think at this stage, Lewis And Allen are a better option for the Steelers. Add a pick like Darius Slay and all of a sudden the CB position is a strength for the Steelers. 3 young, promising players.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

  2. #12
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I work with high school students. I can tell you that "turn up" can be a good thing or a bad thing...but, considering how he's thanking God, it's probably the former...

    He probably getting a "come up"...
    I hope the Steelers did some quality thrift shopping here...

    I'm hunting, looking for a come-up
    This is #&@%ing awesome!

  3. #13
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Well it pretty much means that Ike Taylor is not coming back...
    Please explain your logic about this statement? They are already almost 3 million under the cap. CB is the most important position on a team after QB and LT. Why would they split up a terrific trio like Taylor, Lewis, Allen?

    I say they keep Taylor one more year. I think it more likely that Harrison is gone along with Clark. I see Kiesel taking a pay cut.
    Here comes the BOOM!

  4. #14
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,703
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Please explain your logic about this statement? They are already almost 3 million under the cap. CB is the most important position on a team after QB and LT. Why would they split up a terrific trio like Taylor, Lewis, Allen?

    I say they keep Taylor one more year. I think it more likely that Harrison is gone along with Clark. I see Kiesel taking a pay cut.
    I don't see the Clark thing at all. Clark and Timmons were the best players on our defense last year.

    If Ike goes to make room to sign Lewis, then we have Lewis and Allen starting at CB. Okay.

    If Harrison goes to make room to sign Lewis, then we have Woodley and Worilds starting at OLB. Okay.

    If Keisel goes to make room to sign Lewis, then we have Hood and Heyward starting at DE. Okay

    If Clark goes to make room to sign Lewis, then we have Troy and nobody else starting at safety (Will Allen and Ryan Mundy are free agents, and Robert Golden and Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith have proven to be little more than special teamers that this point in their careers...I would hesitate having those guys being the primary backups at safety, never mind a starter).

  5. #15
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I don't see the Clark thing at all. Clark and Timmons were the best players on our defense last year.

    If Ike goes to make room to sign Lewis, then we have Lewis and Allen starting at CB. Okay.

    If Harrison goes to make room to sign Lewis, then we have Woodley and Worilds starting at OLB. Okay.

    If Keisel goes to make room to sign Lewis, then we have Hood and Heyward starting at DE. Okay

    If Clark goes to make room to sign Lewis, then we have Troy and nobody else starting at safety (Will Allen and Ryan Mundy are free agents, and Robert Golden and Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith have proven to be little more than special teamers that this point in their careers...I would hesitate having those guys being the primary backups at safety, never mind a starter).
    I agree it would be shocking to see Clark go (I don't see it happening by the way). I see Harrison gone and Keisel taking a hair cut or being cut.

    It just depends on how much more room under they cap they need to tender RFA's. They also must have cap space allotted for the rookies.
    Here comes the BOOM!

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    I agree it would be shocking to see Clark go (I don't see it happening by the way). I see Harrison gone and Keisel taking a hair cut or being cut.

    It just depends on how much more room under they cap they need to tender RFA's. They also must have cap space allotted for the rookies.
    Some of that can be done later. If Colon is released after June 1, they can spread the cap hit (I think), and save more money on this year's cap.

  7. #17
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,578
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Please explain your logic about this statement? They are already almost 3 million under the cap. CB is the most important position on a team after QB and LT. Why would they split up a terrific trio like Taylor, Lewis, Allen?

    I say they keep Taylor one more year. I think it more likely that Harrison is gone along with Clark. I see Kiesel taking a pay cut.
    Uhhhhhhhhhh....Ike is old, on the decline, and makes too much money for a team strapped for money. Oh and the two youngsters have shown they are more than capable of playing the position. And when that is the case, usually the Pittsburgh Steelers release the veteran player.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

  8. #18
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Uhhhhhhhhhh....Ike is old, on the decline, and makes too much money
    I agree he is old and I agree he makes a lot of money. But I disagree with you about his decline. He was having a really good year before he got injured. He doesn't have a history of this.

    Our team is much worse off without him than if we keep him.
    Here comes the BOOM!

  9. #19
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Yep!! And if this is true then right away they have improved their team from last year. How's that? Well it pretty much means that Ike Taylor is not coming back...and I think at this stage, Lewis And Allen are a better option for the Steelers. Add a pick like Darius Slay and all of a sudden the CB position is a strength for the Steelers. 3 young, promising players.
    I doubt that Dub. Cutting Taylor only frees up 2.5 mil but creates almost 7 mil of dead money. Taylor is still playing at the top of his game. I think he plays 2013 as a Steeler regardless of Lewis signing long term. jmo



  10. #20
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Please explain your logic about this statement? They are already almost 3 million under the cap. CB is the most important position on a team after QB and LT. Why would they split up a terrific trio like Taylor, Lewis, Allen?

    I say they keep Taylor one more year. I think it more likely that Harrison is gone along with Clark. I see Kiesel taking a pay cut.
    If Ike isn't back we better get a draft pick for him (due to trade, not just cutting him like JPeezy).
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 03-01-2013 at 02:17 PM.
    @_Hellgrammite

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •