Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Great insight on Manti T'eo from Ex-GM Bill Polian

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I dont agree. I think he has shown the ability to improve. This past season he dropped the weight and was asked to cover more. He came away with 7 picks. That right there makes him better than Mauluga. And I contest, if he gets with a team like the Steelers, and is not asked to do more than zone cover, add the weight back (255), and play coming forward, he will light it up in the opponents back field.

I believe what Polian said about the distraction. It is a major reason for the drop off in the Championship game as well as his 40 time. A professional athlete that is distracted will under-perform.
    Could not agree more. For proof, see Woods, Eldrick 'Tiger'. If relationship issues could bring down the greatest golfer in the history of the planet in his prime, they can surely wreck a 22 year old kid's combine.

Legend

User Info Menu

My biggest concern with him is his mental state. Will he have a propensity to these types of distractions as he continues on? He seems like a bright, sensitive, naive kid. To be perfectly honest, there might not be room for a kid like that at the next level, where the spotlight shines brighter and the predators are more merciless. Whats to say that the next person who enters his life won't mess with his head the same way? The thing is that often people don't learn from their mistakes as their nature always kicks in.

For the record, I am less bothered with his combine or his final game. You had the best offensive line keying exclusively on him. There is no college LB that could stand up to that OL focusing primarily on you for 4 quarters. They were men among boys and proved it against one of the top LBs in the country.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    My biggest concern with him is his mental state. Will he have a propensity to these types of distractions as he continues on? He seems like a bright, sensitive, naive kid. To be perfectly honest, there might not be room for a kid like that at the next level, where the spotlight shines brighter and the predators are more merciless. Whats to say that the next person who enters his life won't mess with his head the same way? The thing is that often people don't learn from their mistakes as their nature always kicks in.

For the record, I am less bothered with his combine or his final game. You had the best offensive line keying exclusively on him. There is no college LB that could stand up to that OL focusing primarily on you for 4 quarters. They were men among boys and proved it against one of the top LBs in the country.
    On the other hand, a lot of people are "once bitten, twice shy." This is the kind of thing that could make him hesitant to trust anybody. I'm thinking that the vets in whatever locker room he ends up in are going to have some fun with him either way.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hes going to hear it big time in the NFL... I dont want that circus in town.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Whoever said that our defense isn't predicated by ILB play must not actually watch Steeler games or even know what a two gap system is designed for. Our defense line barely makes tackles and the defense isn't designed to funnel runners to the safeties...

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, it seems Te'o has gone from Heisman finalist, college hero to drug powered, flabby, out of shape, slow, mentally unstable, homosexual, lying fool who was 'never really all that good anyway' in the space of a couple of months.

Somewhere along the way, the truth got lost in the propaganda.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    But he isnt gay. And there is no evidence to show he is. As I have shown over and over and over, T'eo engaged into this relationship based on a picture of a woman. And an actual woman (which I have also shown proof of), was talking to him on the phone (not Reniah Tuiosospo). If you or anyone else chooses to think other wise, when there really isnt anything factual that supports it, then I think that is a "you" problem.

Peace.
    He WAS talking to a man the whole time.. Reniah did the "VOICE" on DR. PHIL

but I still don't think he knew it was a man or that he is gay...
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LordVile View Post
    He WAS talking to a man the whole time.. Reniah did the "VOICE" on DR. PHIL

but I still don't think he knew it was a man or that he is gay...

I don't think he knew and I don't think he is gay... but I can see why people would question him on it.

Think about it.. they talked on the phone through the night a lot.... I don't think any woman would go to that length to run a hoax with nothing to gain besides a few giggles.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Whoever said that our defense isn't predicated by ILB play must not actually watch Steeler games or even know what a two gap system is designed for. Our defense line barely makes tackles and the defense isn't designed to funnel runners to the safeties...

right. all they really need is run stuffers since the DL are the ones holding up the OL. and how many times do we see troy in the box? is that really where we want to spend (another) 1st round pick? what does this defense look like when are OLBs are not able to apply consistent QB pressure or create an edge in the run game? our defense is much more predicated on them

aside from timmons who was drafted as an OLB and isnt the classic run stuffer anyway they had farrior (cast off from the jets...low level FA signing) foote (4th rounder) etc.

bell was a 2nd rounder who like chad brown had pass rushing ability that likely got him drafted higher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    right. all they really need is run stuffers since the DL are the ones holding up the OL. and how many times do we see troy in the box? is that really where we want to spend (another) 1st round pick? what does this defense look like when are OLBs are not able to apply consistent QB pressure or create an edge in the run game? our defense is much more predicated on them

aside from timmons who was drafted as an OLB and isnt the classic run stuffer anyway they had farrior (cast off from the jets...low level FA signing) foote (4th rounder) etc.

bell was a 2nd rounder who like chad brown had pass rushing ability that likely got him drafted higher
    James Farrior was a former 8th overall pick in the draft. When we signed him in 2002, he was coming off a season in which he had 142 tackles (106 solo), 1 sack, 3 forced fumbles, 2 interceptions, and 7 passes defensed.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.