Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Great insight on Manti T'eo from Ex-GM Bill Polian

Legend

User Info Menu

Polian said most GM's think he will go in the 24 to 32 range or be a high second. I've said all along I think he is a mid 2nd or 3rd rounder.

As far as being distracted or under intense scrutiny... it sounded like Polian is saying a player must stay focused and if not, they underperform.

IMO it looks like Te'o cant handle the pressure and I'm not sure why you see it as a positive.

Legend

User Info Menu

Are you really telling me Te'o was too distracted to wrap up Lacy once he made contact?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Yeah let's compare T'eo to Lawrence Phillips..... Manti T'eo has never been in any kind of off-field trouble. Somebody did something wrong to him, not the other way around.

This post above is about an Ex-Gm (who was one of the best), believing that Manti T'eo's performance on the field was affected by this incident. Your personal dislike for this guy means very little. You want to paint a picture based on that?...then have it. I believe what Polian said is very true. Can somebody tell me that what he has to say about player performances and off field distractions isnt true? Yeah..I didnt think so.
    You're assuming somebody did something wrong to him... I'm saying that I don't believe it (Just like I don't believe Tim Tebow, the most eligible bachelor in Gainesville U of F, was a virgin.) Now... if e.g, he was gay (which is the dirty little rumor, which BTW--I'm not calling that a flaw or anything), I could certainly understand it weighing on him (i.e. trying to keep it in the closet)... in that case, I could certainly understand his lies, his performance on the biggest of stages, etc.

BTW, Dee... I'm not attacking you personally. It seems like I'm commenting on your posts, but it's just talk. After all we root for the same team!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    You're assuming somebody did something wrong to him... I'm saying that I don't believe it (Just like I don't believe Tim Tebow, the most eligible bachelor in Gainesville U of F, was a virgin.) Now... if e.g, he was gay (which is the dirty little rumor, which BTW--I'm not calling that a flaw or anything), I could certainly understand it weighing on him (i.e. trying to keep it in the closet)... in that case, I could certainly understand his lies, his performance on the biggest of stages, etc.
    But he isnt gay. And there is no evidence to show he is. As I have shown over and over and over, T'eo engaged into this relationship based on a picture of a woman. And an actual woman (which I have also shown proof of), was talking to him on the phone (not Reniah Tuiosospo). If you or anyone else chooses to think other wise, when there really isnt anything factual that supports it, then I think that is a "you" problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post

BTW, Dee... I'm not attacking you personally. It seems like I'm commenting on your posts, but it's just talk. After all we root for the same team!
    Peace.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    IMO he may get drafted higher but you will actually be getting the next Rey Malaluga who the Bumgals got at the top of Round 2. T'eo will be Sean Lee and Paul Pozlusny. Good but not special. Therefore shouldn't be a round 1 pick.
    I don't even know if he will be a Poz, to be honest. Has no one else noticed that he came in 15 lbs lighter, while not any faster AND was visibly much less muscular? Some observers described him as "soft" and "flabby." All that is a huge red flag for him being on juice or HGH during the season. RED FLAG on dat sh-t. Fo wheel.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I don't even know if he will be a Poz, to be honest. Has no one else noticed that he came in 15 lbs lighter, while not any faster AND was visibly much less muscular? Some observers described him as "soft" and "flabby." All that is a huge red flag for him being on juice or HGH during the season. RED FLAG on dat sh-t. Fo wheel.
    Of course it is for you, you judge books by their cover. Do you really think at the start of next season T'eo will be playing at that weight? And playing soft and flabby?

Just curious what your thoughts were on Chance Warmack's physique? He probably plays soft too, right?
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

But he isnt gay. And there is no evidence to show he is. As I have shown over and over and over, T'eo engaged into this relationship based on a picture of a woman. And an actual woman (which I have also shown proof of), was talking to him on the phone (not Reniah Tuiosospo). If you or anyone else chooses to think other wise, when there really isnt anything factual that supports it, then I think that is a "you" problem.

They call them beards - chicks used openly to keep the gay in subterfuge.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Of course it is for you, you judge books by their cover. Do you really think at the start of next season T'eo will be playing at that weight? And playing soft and flabby?

Just curious what your thoughts were on Chance Warmack's physique? He probably plays soft too, right?
    You are comparing a massive OG to a LB. Way to go. That's real logical and based on clear thinking.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Oh, with athletes, you can accurately base some things by appearance. Not everything but some things. Why did he come in flabby? What would be the reason for it? If juice was used to help him attain his productivity, then it's a concern. As if he can't still use the PEDs, then his performance will drop off a cliff.

When a college players come in 15 lbs lighter, but not any faster, and clearly softer and flabbier, then dats a red flag, yo. If you don't think it is, then I don't know what to tell you.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    IMO he may get drafted higher but you will actually be getting the next Rey Malaluga who the Bumgals got at the top of Round 2. T'eo will be Sean Lee and Paul Pozlusny. Good but not special. Therefore shouldn't be a round 1 pick.

i wouldnt touch him in the first 2 rounds.

this defense isnt predicated on ILB play,

we have much bigger needs
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 03-02-2013 at 11:53 PM.