Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers sign Breaston

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Steelers sign Breaston

According to Pro Football Central

[url]http://www.profootballcentral.com/2013/02/28/breaking-steelers-sign-wr-steve-breaston/[/url]
    Last edited by supersteeler; 02-28-2013 at 09:00 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I consider that good news. It could allow us to not draft a WR until day 3. He doesn't have the top end that Wallace had, but it's not like they were all that successful throwing deep last year even with Wallace. I think a corp of Brown, Sanders, Breaston and Cotchery could do the trick, especially if we get a running game going. Add in a rookie.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Pittsburgh Steelers are agreed to terms with free agent WR Steve Breaston.
    Yep, I really have a lot of confidence in this source.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Yep, I really have a lot of confidence in this source.
    He took a physical so it looks to be legit

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I consider that good news. It could allow us to not draft a WR until day 3. He doesn't have the top end that Wallace had, but it's not like they were all that successful throwing deep last year even with Wallace. I think a corp of Brown, Sanders, Breaston and Cotchery could do the trick, especially if we get a running game going. Add in a rookie.

They will realease Cotchery from what I'm hearing, he didn't fit in with the Haley offense, this is why they went after Breaston.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    They will realease Cotchery from what I'm hearing, he didn't fit in with the Haley offense, this is why they went after Breaston.
    I really don't know why Cotchery "doesn't fit Haley's system." I think that is stated a lot but don't know how true it is. Wouldn't any back who can get open and catch the ball fit in any system? I would say that Haley is more comfortable with Breaston since they had the most success together. I guess Breaston seems to have a little more burst than Cotchery. Maybe that is it? Taking short patterns and then busting out after you catch it? Maybe that's what they mean.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Welcome to Steelers Nation Mr. Breaston. Let's gitt-er done!
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Welcome to Steelers Nation Mr. Breaston. Let's gitt-er done!
    I hope he shows "young money" how to practice and play with the right attitude and they un-learn what Wallace taught them.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I hope he shows "young money" how to practice and play with the right attitude and they un-learn what Wallace taught them.
    I thought Cotchery was an upstanding guy and it feels like we could be losing a little ounce of leadership in this move.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I thought Cotchery was an upstanding guy and it feels like we could be losing a little ounce of leadership in this move.
    Not sure Cotchery offered much in the way of 'leadership' last season.

Breaston actually fits the role the Steelers had Brown playing last year- running the short to medium routes. He's a reliable type of WR. He should be productive in that way.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE