Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rumors on Pgh's moves

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I agree. The more I look at this guy, the more I like him.

I liked Bell weeks ago when I posted my picks, but I have him in the fourth might have to move him up to three. He's a different type of back than what we are use to see teams drafting.
    He could be a combination of Franco Harris and Marcus Allen, lets get him Pittsburgh!

Legend

User Info Menu

Oh look... A whole bunch of Redman/Dwyer/Bettis types.

The Steelers already have the big bruising back, what they don't have is the Todd Haley-style pass catching, explosive RB.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Cooper DeJean CB
    2. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Blake Fisher OT
    3. Mason McCormick OC
    4. Cedric Gray ILB
    6. Jaden Crumedy DT
    6. Tahj Washington WR

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post

The Steelers already have the big bruising back, what they don't have is the Todd Haley-style pass catching, explosive RB.
    They do? They have a plodding back in Redman and a back who needs to trot off to the sidelines after 2 runs in Dwyer. Who is the big bruising back you mention? Not only is Bell big, but is is agile and fast - not merely some big guy who only can plod straight ahead. Did you look at the video of this guy?

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

I was big on Redman at the beginning of last season, but he was a total disappointment. We need a RB. Mendenhall is soft and Redman is average. We need people who can extend the chains and find the end zone.

I wouldn't mind seeing us get a RB on day 2.
    Don't Forget to bring a Towel

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

I guess I should have said.......Mendenhall was soft.
    Don't Forget to bring a Towel

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Personally, I take a chance on Lattimore with a mid-round pick. Even if he gives us absolutely nothing this season (and with advances in medicine today, I'm not ruling out that he could contribute some as a rookie), I think he could be a special guy when healthy. Willis McGahee and Frank Gore were able to come back to have solid pro careers following gruesome knee injuries in college, and we all saw what Peterson did this season.

And Todd McShay is awful. Kiper is a joke anymore, and I'm convinced that ESPN hired McShay solely to make the overrated Kiper look better. ESPN can have their goofy spray tan and their Eddie Munster haircut during the draft...I'll be tuned in to NFL Network to watch Mayock instead.
    The problem with Lattimore isn't that he's had one devastating knee injury. It is that he's had two in three years.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    the problem with lattimore isn't that he's had one devastating knee injury. It is that he's had two in three years.
    /\ /\ /\ this

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post

And you're not going to get that in this draft. I'm fine with taking a flyer on Lattimore in the mid-rounds, otherwise, I'll pass on the other RB's.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Bell has the it factor. He runs low, with vision, power, speed and patience.
    In just a couple of minutes I saw this to. How did he do against the Irish? Seems to be a natural instinctive runner that either you have or don't. Is he a high character guy also?

I fall in love with these promo vids way too easy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I like Bell, I had him in my first mock but I am a little concerned about him. He has great size but seems to want to shy away from contact in the open field. Spinning, jumping, cutting back.

Agreed. shades of Spindenhall in some of those clips.... but as others have said, this year's RB crop blows, so gotta take a shot in the late rounds.