Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: My updated Steelers mock Draft!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Fantastic LTs don't make it out of the Top 10. I think there is a great chance that Joeckel, Fisher, & Johnson are all gone in the Top 10.

That simply is not true. Duane Brown may be the best LT in the NFL. Second rounder.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    What one player at 17 could start from day one? What one player at 17 could play at a high level in his rookie year? And possibly even be a pro-bowler? I think that is Jonathan Cooper. It's not a sexy pick but he is that one guy who would be at or around the 17th pick who could come in and start day one as well as play at an above average level. I am not crazy about drafting another guard but it makes the most sense. And the Steelers have indicated they want a LG guard who is athletic and can get out and pull. Cooper is every bit that. And the Steelers did meet with him at the combine. This isnt what I want, but I think it is what the Steelers may do.

1--Jonathan Cooper OG North Carolina

2--Sio Moore OLB UCONN

3--Darius Slay CB Mississippi State

4--Kenny Stills WR OKlahoma

5--Earl Wolff SS North Carolina State

6--Josh Boyd NT Mississippi State

7--Vince Williams ILB Florida State

Well we all know how much I love to agree with you, BUT, if Cooper is there and we stay at 17 I would snap him up in a heartbeat. I love Kenny Stills but after he ran a 4.37 at the combine I think he moves into the mid 3 range. I really dont think Moore fits what we look for in a OLB. Wolf would be great value in the 5th. I think the Slay pick HAS GOT TO BE a RB. Who is going to run behind our new OL.

Legend

User Info Menu

Thank you. Yeah if Johnson were there it would be between him and Copper but like JPN said, I dont think he gets past pick 11 with San Diego.
    Agreed. K.C. likely takes Joeckel or Fisher #1. Jacksonville and Oakland add d-lineman at #2 and #3, then Philly takes Joeckel or Fisher at #4 (whichever one old buddy Andy Reid didn't take earlier). San Diego biggest need is at tackle, so there is no way they'd let Lane Johnson get by them (unless Arizona snatches him up before them, of course).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    That simply is not true. Duane Brown may be the best LT in the NFL. Second rounder.
    Brown was actually a first rounder, but he was the EIGHTH tackle to come off the board in the first round back in '08 (behind Jake Long, Ryan Clady, Chris Williams, Brandon Albert, Gosder Cherilus, Jeff Otah, and Sam Baker).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

......I love Kenny Stills but after he ran a 4.37 at the combine I think he moves into the mid 3 range.
    Yeah I thought about that but who knows?? Maybe we get lucky. If not then I'd consider Tavarres King.

I really dont think Moore fits what we look for in a OLB. Wolf would be great value in the 5th.
    Interesting. I think he has a lot of the same similarities to that of James Harrison. Same type of build. Strong, quick, has shown the ability to cover, and can play inside or outside.

I think the Slay pick HAS GOT TO BE a RB. Who is going to run behind our new OL.
    I am hoping on at least one comp pick. And then I'll address RB and or TE. Right now it looks as if the Steelers wont re-sign Keenan Lewis and that means they need to draft a CB.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd be good with that draft. I love the Slay and Earl Wolfe picks. Underrated guys imo. Cooper is a great fit for a zone scheme.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We are talking about pre-draft evaluation. You reply makes zero sense to the point & is inaccurate. Duane Brown was a first round selection but he wasn't viewed as the elite OT in that draft. Someone drafted later very often emerges in the NFL as an elite talent...There is 1,000,001 examples of it. Long, Clady, Williams, Albert, Cherilus, Otah, and Baker were all drafted before Brown and viewed as better prospects. 5 years later we see they were wrong on some of them. The point is Joekel, Fisher, and Johnson all show traits of elite LTs and they could all be gone long before we pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well that is the thing about drafting BPA. You dont worry about that. You let things unfold and cross that bridge when you reach it. You have a far greater chances of missing on a player if you worry about paying money out down the line. Just go with BPA at a position of need.
    I hear ya, and I'm not disagreeing that he may well be BPA. It is a bundling of an awful lot of resources in one area.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    I'd be good with that draft. I love the Slay and Earl Wolfe picks. Underrated guys imo. Cooper is a great fit for a zone scheme.
    Thanks Blood! I think Vince Williams could be a steel as well. He is very under-rated. Wasn't even invited to the combine, yet at the Senior he rally showed some things. He is a tackling machine. Also Josh Boyd could be a sleeper too. Teams are trying to figure out if he is 3-technique or not. I say leave him over the nose and he just might be ok one day.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Thanks Blood! I think Vince Williams could be a steel as well. He is very under-rated. Wasn't even invited to the combine, yet at the Senior he rally showed some things. He is a tackling machine.
    Tomlin loves his FSU players (Whether this is real or perceived).
    Here comes the BOOM!