Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My updated Steelers mock Draft!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    What one player at 17 could start from day one? What one player at 17 could play at a high level in his rookie year? And possibly even be a pro-bowler? I think that is Jonathan Cooper. It's not a sexy pick but he is that one guy who would be at or around the 17th pick who could come in and start day one as well as play at an above average level. I am not crazy about drafting another guard but it makes the most sense. And the Steelers have indicated they want a LG guard who is athletic and can get out and pull. Cooper is every bit that. And the Steelers did meet with him at the combine. This isnt what I want, but I think it is what the Steelers may do.

1--Jonathan Cooper OG North Carolina

2--Sio Moore OLB UCONN

3--Darius Slay CB Mississippi State

4--Kenny Stills WR OKlahoma

5--Earl Wolff SS North Carolina State

6--Josh Boyd NT Mississippi State

7--Vince Williams ILB Florida State
    That is a remarkably cogent and comprehensive mock draft whose foundational premises address the Steelers multitudinous deficiencies while providing substantive depth at several essential positions.

Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene View Post
    That is a remarkably cogent and comprehensive mock draft whose foundational premises address the Steelers multitudinous deficiencies while providing substantive depth at several essential positions.

I felt special when you posted this about my mock. Now that you posted it about DD's mock, it lets me know you think I'm as good at drafting as DD and it makes me feel even better.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Yep...and with Gilbert-Cooper-Pouncey-DeCastro-Adams that would give the Steelers one of the best O-lines in the league and probably the best LG-C-RG unit there is.
    i assume you're just being optimistic seeing that pouncey has regresswed the last two years, decastro was hurt and showed nothing, verdict way out on gilbert and adams and a rookie(cooper) who hasnt even been drafted being declared the one of the best in the league and the best gcg combo is crazy talk at this point. i have high hopes for the bunch we have but am far from even calling them mediocre at this point.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I don't see him as the BPA at pick 17. He isn't one of the top 17 players coming out of college this year.
    Ok fair enough. You are the first person I have heard say that. Most experts have him graded between 10-20. And most experts have been raving about his play as well as athleticism But I respect that.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Dub, I like Cooper as a player and certainly think he could end up as the BPA. My concern is with eventually extending Cooper, Pouncey and DeCastro -- that could be a lot of money in interior lineman. I wouldn't love the pick, wouldn't hate it, and would certainly understand it.

The biggest question I have with you mock is on skill players -- I think they need to add a RB in the draft, and I would like to see either a WR or RB earlier. Did you have the CB in your draft with an assumption that Lewis leaves?
    Well that is the thing about drafting BPA. You dont worry about that. You let things unfold and cross that bridge when you reach it. You have a far greater chances of missing on a player if you worry about paying money out down the line. Just go with BPA at a position of need.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Looks like a reasonable draft, but I would have to have a RB in that group. As much as I like O-line my mock doesn't even have one but I like both Warmack & Cooper. I like your first three picks Btw.
    If the Steelers get a comp pick or two I will more than like look to address that. But I think it is best to take BPA and not just go out looking to fill a certain position. If one isnt better than the player I have at each slot why do it?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Great mock Dee Dub. I like every selection. I'm warming to Earl Wolff big time. I also love Darius Slay.

Good see you moved off Eric Fisher being a possibility as well. But what if Lane Johnson is available at 17? I take him over Cooper because Johnson is going to be a fantastic LT.
    Thank you. Yeah if Johnson were there it would be between him and Copper but like JPN said, I dont think he gets past pick 11 with San Diego.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Really like picks 1, 2 and 4.

I really think there needs to be a TE in there somewhere. Do you really think we are going into next season with our #1 TE being Paulson for the initial part of the season?
    Yeah I struggled with not having TE but if they get a comp pick or two I will zero in on that (Tiololo or Fauria), as well as possibly a RB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i assume you're just being optimistic seeing that pouncey has regresswed the last two years, decastro was hurt and showed nothing, verdict way out on gilbert and adams and a rookie(cooper) who hasnt even been drafted being declared the one of the best in the league and the best gcg combo is crazy talk at this point. i have high hopes for the bunch we have but am far from even calling them mediocre at this point.
    I agree...

I would love to have one of the best OL's but every year we hear the "if we get this pick" we will be awesome. Gilbert will fall on whoever we draft on the OL.

I have no idea about most of these players but I would like to see a TE as well. The kid from Nebraska or Stanford if possible.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I could live with this, though I might take my WR in the 2nd which is where the strength seems to lie.

regarding cooper, I'm now starting think OL could very well be BPA. Was hoping for lane johnson, but with his combine, he is likely out of our reach.

if lewis is retained I take a S in the 3rd instead of CB, but overall I could live with this draft. I'm still opposed to the belief that you need two 1st round OG to have a successful OL, but if it falls this way I won't jump off a bridge.

good work dub.
    Last edited by Eddie Spaghetti; 02-28-2013 at 07:03 PM.