Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Schefter: Woodley next

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Schefter: Woodley next

Timmons, Brown and now Woodley. I hate this last one.

[URL="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter"]Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    [/URL]Not only did Steelers restructure Antonio Brown’s contract, as PFT reported, but they will restructure LB LaMarr Woodley’s contract as well.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    I hope the restructure is in inverse relation to his weight
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This is great but if anyone has paid attention to this football team for the past 10 years or so, this is what they do. I got a kick out of those who were in panic mode, like the dismantling threads we kept seeing over and over. And all along I kept saying, the Steelers will restructure and get under the cap. And whoever they want to keep they will keep. And those they cut are those they didn't want.

It is the Pittsburgh Steelers way!!
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I got a kick out of those who were in panic
    I hope your not implying I'm in a panic? I just don't like them restructuring Woodley and adding to his dead cap hit in the future years.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I hope your not implying I'm in a panic? I just don't like them restructuring Woodley and adding to his dead cap hit in the future years.
    The writing is on the wall for Wood this season. I don't expect to see a 270 pound Woodley and if we do see a 270 pound Woodley he's going to be in the best shape he's been in since being a Steeler. He can't afford to have another down season and I don't believe we'll see one from him. I expect him to be the player we want him to be, he just needs to stay healthy. I'm still trying to figure out why so many seem to just want to cast the guy off. It would be a huge mistake. He's a dynamic outside linebacker coming off a down year. (Injuries have certainly hindered his progress)
    Last edited by Snatch98; 02-27-2013 at 05:40 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    .....He can't afford to have another down season and I don't believe we'll see one from him.......)
    I beg to differ with you on this one. Woodley can "afford" to do whatever he wants. He already has more guaranteed money in the bank than most of us will see in an entire lifetime or even the lifetime of our kids. That's the big problem with guaranteed money.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I beg to differ with you on this one. Woodley can "afford" to do whatever he wants. He already has more guaranteed money in the bank than most of us will see in an entire lifetime or even the lifetime of our kids. That's the big problem with guaranteed money.
    its like paying your kids in advance for doing their chores.
    whats the motivation if they already have the money?
    and lets face it, most of these players have the mental makeup of children.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, I hope Woodley gets it together soon...he's been "dead weight" the last season and a half...we don't need a bigger "dead cap" hit that will keep us from cutting him if he continues to be "dead weight."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No not you...I think it is obvious who those posters are.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

what a joke.
    woodley took last season off and now your'e going to pay him even more upfront guaranteed money?
    why in the world woulkd you want to give a guy a bonus for coming into camp out of shape and dogging it most of the year?
    terrible restructure!