Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

easier said than done..
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers don't even know if they will have enough money to sign Breaston let alone a more expensive FA.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The one thing the Steelers do is cut a vet so he can make his choice of team and get up front money on a new deal. Harrison won't be taded if he isn't in the plans...He will be released.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    The Steelers don't even know if they will have enough money to sign Breaston let alone a more expensive FA.
    Won't be hard to get that space. Seems like a priority now since Bus Cooke left the combine with a 60 mil offer with the Dolophins for Wallace. Whoops...That would be tampering!
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 02-27-2013 at 02:18 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    I don't see either becoming a steeler unless either received zero interest from other teams then late in free agency we might bring that one in to kick the tires.
    Steve Breaston is visiting tomorrow? What say you? I think their interest is serious.
    Last edited by BigRob; 02-27-2013 at 02:34 PM.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

Harrison has little value on the trade market. He is 35, an injury concern, would cost his new team $6.57M, and has a Goodell sized bullseye on his back. He has no greater value than to this team. Any team that would consider trading for him would wait and try to pick him up cheaper after he is cut.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think the Breaston interest is legit with Wallace getting rich. He should come at a bargain price and if he does sign the Steelers draft won't have to target a WR early.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    I think the Breaston interest is legit with Wallace getting rich. He should come at a bargain price and if he does sign the Steelers draft won't have to target a WR early.
    I think there is a reason they went ahead and restructured Timmons now. The Steelers must think they can sign Breaston. He has two fits going for him. He must like Haley and he is a Pittsburgh native.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    I think there is a reason they went ahead and restructured Timmons now. The Steelers must think they can sign Breaston. He has two fits going for him. He must like Haley and he is a Pittsburgh native.
    That very well could be the case. I also think the Steelers want to be 100% done when the 3 day period begins where the Steelers can talk to their own FAs. Concentrate on Lewis before FA opens.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Breaston isn't the playmaker we need at WR, he scored what....3 TD's in the last three years, sorry, I'll pass, after Brown and Sanders we already have a bunch of Breastons.