Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown the latest to describe a divided Steeler locker room last season

Legend

User Info Menu

Antonio Brown the latest to describe a divided Steeler locker room last season

Antonio Brown says the Steelers’ locker room was divided last year
    Posted by Michael David Smith on February 20, 2013, 12:59 PM EST

Steelers receiver Antonio Brown says his third year with the team was a lot different than his first two.

Brown said on SportsCenter today that Pittsburgh’s locker room was fractured in the 2012 season, in a way he hadn’t seen previously since being drafted by the Steelers in 2010.

“It was definitely different — guys weren’t really together,” Brown said.

Brown said Steelers safety Troy Polamalu was among the veterans who spoke out and tried to explain to the team that selfish behavior wouldn’t be tolerated. But that talk was apparently not enough.

“That’s when you know you’ve got issues and you’ve got to come together as a team. Because the reality of a team game is everyone on the same page, committed to the same thing, dedicated for one goal, and that’s winning,” Brown said.

Although he didn’t name any names, Brown said he thought he had teammates last year who cared more about their individual goals than about the team’s record. And he described going 8-8 as “a bitter taste” that he hopes will motivate all of his teammates to act differently in 2013.

“Everyone in our locker room in 2013 has to understand the value of being in there and what our tradition and history stand for,” Brown said.

Brown said he agrees with Steelers defensive coordinator that the Steelers could have done what the Ravens did and gone on a run to the Super Bowl.

“He’s right on — we definitely had the talent, the pieces in the right place to do some things,” Brown said. “But winning is not talent. It’s all about being on the same page, and each guy having the guy next to him’s back, and being committed to winning. You see a Ravens team that was committed to winning and togetherness, and that’s what it’s all about.”

For Pittsburgh fans, hearing a Steeler say the team needs to be more like the Ravens is, indeed, a bitter pill to swallow.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/20/antonio-brown-says-the-steelers-locker-room-was-divided-last-year/[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

My oh my, and some ridiculed me for nailing this. I said the locker room was obviously fractured and some said I couldn't know that. Hmmmm, it looks like I knew exactly what I was talking about. Chalk another one up. And, also, look for this prediction to be true: Losing Wallace and Mendenhall will be addition through subtraction. The team will enjoy better chemistry without those malcontents around. You will see Sanders and Brown with much better attitudes and production.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Chalk another one up.
    Isn't having one "chalked up" a requirement before you can "chalk another one up"?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    My oh my, and some ridiculed me for nailing this. I said the locker room was obviously fractured and some said I couldn't know that. Hmmmm, it looks like I knew exactly what I was talking about. Chalk another one up. And, also, look for this prediction to be true: Losing Wallace and Mendenhall will be addition through subtraction. The team will enjoy better chemistry without those malcontents around. You will see Sanders and Brown with much better attitudes and production.
    This board is fractured...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    If only some posters would leave, it would be addition through subtraction...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    x2.............
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Chalk another one up for Sugar.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Isn't having one "chalked up" a requirement before you can "chalk another one up"?
    You mean like when I predicted Dwyer would be our best back? OK, then.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    If you mean "addition through subtraction" in terms of far less board activity, then, yea, you are right. Way to go. Way to engage in complete illogic. Very impressive.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Although he didn’t name any names, Brown said he thought he had teammates last year who cared more about their individual goals than about the team’s record. And he described going 8-8 as “a bitter taste” that he hopes will motivate all of his teammates to act differently in 2013.

“Everyone in our locker room in 2013 has to understand the value of being in there and what our tradition and history stand for,” Brown said.
    Sounds like a specific WR who was thinking more about himself from Day 1 than the team last year.

After reading this any doubts about why the Steelers signed Brown as opposed to the other guy?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"