Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some good fits?

Backup

User Info Menu

Some good fits?

I am always looking for FA possibliities that would come relatively cheap and bring us great production (Bettis)

Thoughts on A Bradshaw or S. Jackson.

Bradshaw has something to prove and is only 27. I know he is a injury risk but who isn't these days. Veteran SB winning RB

S Jackson runs hard and with a decent OL even at 30 can get ur done...maybe. Thoughts, other guys who the Steelers could target?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I doubt they will sign any FA running backs as they attempt to sign their own players, I don't see much left under the cap to do so.
    Jackson would want more than the Steelers could afford so I'm thinking they will tender Dwyer and Redman plus look in the draft for a potencial feature back

Backup

User Info Menu

I don't see either becoming a steeler unless either received zero interest from other teams then late in free agency we might bring that one in to kick the tires.

also, let me get the "Bettis wasn't a free agent" statement in there. Okay, that part is done.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    ...also, let me get the "Bettis wasn't a free agent" statement in there. Okay, that part is done.
    Which made it possible to trade for him...

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    I am always looking for FA possibliities that would come relatively cheap and bring us great production (Bettis)

Thoughts on A Bradshaw or S. Jackson.

Bradshaw has something to prove and is only 27. I know he is a injury risk but who isn't these days. Veteran SB winning RB

S Jackson runs hard and with a decent OL even at 30 can get ur done...maybe. Thoughts, other guys who the Steelers could target?
    Before someone else does it this will give me the chance to ask a question.

First of all, Bettis was of course not a FA pickup. TS[the steelers] got him in a trade with the Rams. The question is:

Can anyone think of any other trades TS made? Trades in the NFL are really very very rare. I was going to say since 92 the Cowher era, but its okay to go back into the 80's. There was some incident with a LB then that may have forced a trade.

I know there are a lot of Bettis fans out there, and it just occurred to me that actually you really might be able to consider him as a home grown Steeler. Since the trade probably involved the giving up of a pretty high draft choice to acquire him. Sort of the same thing as actually drafting him. Just did not do it first.

Starter

User Info Menu

Oh I forgot to mention I am only referring to players traded from active rosters. Not those draft day trade type moves.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Call up the Saints immediately to inquire about Chris Ivory.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Call up the Saints immediately to inquire about Chris Ivory.
    James Harrison for Ivory and the Saints 3rd Round pick
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    James Harrison for Ivory and the Saints 3rd Round pick
    Big Harrison fan but sign me up for that deal. Ivory would be the starter and that extra 3rd round pick would be huge. There seems to be a lot more talent in rounds 2-3 than there is 'legit' round 1 talent.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Big Harrison fan but sign me up for that deal. Ivory would be the starter and that extra 3rd round pick would be huge. There seems to be a lot more talent in rounds 2-3 than there is 'legit' round 1 talent.
    As I said in another thread if Harrison doesn't take a paycut I'm trading him.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"