Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I still would draft T'eo and Minter!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I still would draft T'eo and Minter!!

I dont care what anyone has to say. I don't care about any issue with T'eo being duped by a fake girlfriend and that he wasn't honest about it. I dont care about a bad performance in the championship game. I dont care that he and Minter ran 4.80 40's. I would still take them at 17 and never look back.

I have seen enough of both of these guys to know they are solid football players. Guys that I believe will be even better in the NFL. If you look at Minter's 15 tackles for loss this past year and T'eo's 13.5 two years ago when he played at 255 it tells me that they both play fast on the football field. Think about it. They are coming from 5-7 yards off the line of scrimmage and racking up those numbers in the opponents back field? I believe these two would excel in Le Beau's 3-4 next to Timmons.

Put me down for DeAndre Hopkins (4.57), and Terrance Williams (4.52), as well. Both didn't run great 40's but both played great on the field.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I concur. Starting to like this Ziggy Ansah too.. What are your thoughts on him?
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I dont care what anyone has to say. I don't care about any issue with T'eo being duped by a fake girlfriend and that he wasn't honest about it. I dont care about a bad performance in the championship game. I dont care that he and Minter ran 4.80 40's. I would still take them at 17 and never look back.

I have seen enough of both of these guys to know they are solid football players. Guys that I believe will be even better in the NFL. If you look at Minter's 15 tackles for loss this past year and T'eo's 13.5 two years ago when he played at 255 it tells me that they both play fast on the football field. Think about it. They are coming from 5-7 yards off the line of scrimmage and racking up those numbers in the opponents back field? I believe these two would excel in Le Beau's 3-4 next to Timmons.

Put me down for DeAndre Hopkins (4.57), and Terrance Williams (4.52), as well. Both didn't run great 40's but both played great on the field.
    Well, if you wanted either one of these guys to be a consideration for us at 17, then you got your wish if that is what they timed (haven't watched it yet). For an ILB to be drafted in the first round, you gotta put on a Patrick Willis-type exhibition of athleticism. And primarily, your speed determines that (because speed tells them whether you should be able to play three-downs, play outside potentially, etc.)

If Te'o is the player we would like him to be (a poorman's Ray Lewis), then you got your wish. He's there for the picking. Cuz 4.8 is f'n horrendous time for a 22-year old LB prospect.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Well, if you wanted either one of these guys to be a consideration for us at 17, then you got your wish if that is what they timed (haven't watched it yet). For an ILB to be drafted in the first round, you gotta put on a Patrick Willis-type exhibition of athleticism. And primarily, your speed determines that (because speed tells them whether you should be able to play three-downs, play outside potentially, etc.)

If Te'o is the player we would like him to be (a poorman's Ray Lewis), then you got your wish. He's there for the picking. Cuz 4.8 is f'n horrendous time for a 22-year old LB prospect.
    Go look up what Patrick Willis did the past two seasons (stats). Very average. and he is now no longer a 3 down LB.

And then tell us how you get 15 and 13.5 tackles for loss as an ILB if you play slow on the football field. The 40 times for this position is really not as important as quickness and anticipation. Both T'eo and Minter are very quick on the football field.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Terrell Suggs ran a 4.84 40 and Vontaze Burfict ran a 4.93. It's what you do for 10 yards...not 40 yards.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Check out the 10 yard split on Lemonier

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Check out the 10 yard split on Lemonier
    Dont need too. I saw him play. I think he is great value in the mid-late second round but buyer beware. His play dropped out dramatically this past year. That means more to me than his 10 yard split.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post

Let me ask; why would you draft him at #17 when analysts are now saying he'll drop to early rd 2 based on the combine? Why not trade down, get extra picks and grab him later?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Let me ask; why would you draft him at #17 when analysts are now saying he'll drop to early rd 2 based on the combine? Why not trade down, get extra picks and grab him later?
    I dont agree with that. I think both Minter and T'eo have a good chance of being picked by Green Bay at 26 and Baltimore at 32.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

T'eo had a solid 20 yard shuttle at 4.27. Quicker than Alec Olgetree (4.39), and Sio Moore (4.31). And T'eo also had a better 3 cone drill than Alec Ogletree. These are a better barometers for an ILB than a 40 yard dash to me.