Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I would draft Honey Badger

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I grow weary of the Steelers drafting guys with a lack of motivation, no fire in the belly, untreated addiction concerns, untreated behavioral concerns...and a me first mentality. We need some leadership in the locker room...guys who are vocal leaders who walk the walk and a passion for the game. Right now, I'll take that over talent with no fire or maturity.
    Me too!! Great point Shawn.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Actually, we need both - an infusion of leadership AND an infusion of play makers on D. I would suspect they will fill up more of the leadership roles in earlier rounds. This kid would be taken late, if at all. You don't need all chiefs, you need Indians as well. That being said, last season was a case of bad team chemistry, as I noted during the season. The crap attitude of Wallace and FUMBLE-hall hurt the team bad. And the fact that Ben isn't a real leader made it worse.
    I agree. But, that might mean taking a guy with a little less upside in the talent part but brings leadership and a love for the game.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I agree. But, that might mean taking a guy with a little less upside in the talent part but brings leadership and a love for the game.
    I don't disagree. But Deion sat down with this kid and said not only did he have a good attitude but that he was a leader not a follower. I don't know how much weight to put into a Deion Sanders' evaluation, but that's what he said. Deion didn't really do all that well with Pacman Jones but who could at that point?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Legalize the ganja already!!! So we can quit referring to it as some terrible act like armed robbery or doing heroin... Weed should be the least of people concerns , the problem is its still illegal and people think because I this, coupled with years of media brainwashing, that its a legitamet crime and cause for prison time. While we have drugs like addictive substances like ciggarets , alchohal, and pharmaceuticals killing and ruining lives by the thousands every year.

Sorry little off the football topic but I think it's just rediculas how Americans react to something when they are told it is "bad" as compared to "legal".

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AzStillers1989 View Post
    Legalize the ganja already!!! So we can quit referring to it as some terrible act like armed robbery or doing heroin... Weed should be the least of people concerns , the problem is its still illegal and people think because I this, coupled with years of media brainwashing, that its a legitamet crime and cause for prison time. While we have drugs like addictive substances like ciggarets , alchohal, and pharmaceuticals killing and ruining lives by the thousands every year.

Sorry little off the football topic but I think it's just rediculas how Americans react to something when they are told it is "bad" as compared to "legal".
    No thanks. I knew a man who had the responsibility of raising children and he was high all the time. I know the affects that it has on a family. Say what you think you know about marijuana but I know the truth. A man who never had the desire to support his family, who was too lazy to do anything for himself, and was always irritable when he didn't have his high. And then that high got to a point where it wasnt strong enough for him anymore. Because drugs are a physical addiction as well as a mental obsession his body required a stronger high. He then had to upgrade to cocaine then crystal meth. Then he became a monster to his daughter and son. I dont think legalizing marijuana is a good idea.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Hey look, lloydroid with another bait post. Nice work.
    I found that this makes my forum experience much more enjoyable:

This message is hidden because lloydroid is on your [URL="http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist"]ignore list[/URL].

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    No thanks. I knew a man who had the responsibility of raising children and he was high all the time. I know the affects that it has on a family. Say what you think you know about marijuana but I know the truth. A man who never had the desire to support his family, who was too lazy to do anything for himself, and was always irritable when he didn't have his high. And then that high got to a point where it wasnt strong enough for him anymore. Because drugs are a physical addiction as well as a mental obsession his body required a stronger high. He then had to upgrade to cocaine then crystal meth. Then he became a monster to his daughter and son. I dont think legalizing marijuana is a good idea.
    ....and I know a guy who does it and is a lawyer and has defended some big name clients so whats your point?

I also know a few guys who did it and became the President of the United States. lol...

Legend

User Info Menu

The weed doesnt bother me but how many times was he busted? You have to do a lot to get kicked off LSU.

Legend

User Info Menu

No thanks. There are plenty of other DBs who really want an NFL career. Don't need to roll the dice on this guy.

BTW, the weed may not be an issue for you guys sitting in your living room lighting up but it is for the Steelers and the NFL. How quickly you forget Stupidio Holmes.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

For what it's worth, Chadman's with Dee Dub on this. Any substance that impares judgement the way that weed does cannot be allowed to be used holus-bolus.

Now, some of you will ask the difference between weed & alcohol in that regard, and the answer is... well, there's really not much difference. How many crimes, or injuries are suffered as a result of alcohol?

Of course, to put this in perspective, this viewpoint is coming from a tea-tottler...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S