Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I would draft Honey Badger

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I would draft Honey Badger

His upside is huge. So he smoked weed. Big deal. I think the kid ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he just makes plays. And I believe him when he says last Oct. is the last time he hit weed. If he is still there in the later rounds, I say take him. But after the Ben/Holmes chain of events, I think Pgh is still smarting from those and are unlikely to take a risk on any known weed smokers, although they did take Adams, so who knows. But that being said, Adams drove to Pgh to plead his case, personally, so that probably made the difference. Deion thinks the Badger will be gone by the 3rd round. Man, it would be awesome seeing the Honey Badger in Pgh's backfield, making splash plays. I believe he would add a great deal to our aging D. We could use a play maker back there, in a huge way.

Legend

User Info Menu

he did more than smoke weed... wasn't he busted dealing it or being in a house where it was being sold?

I'm also wondering why he could only do 4 reps of 225.

While I don't think smoking it is that big of a deal I think smoking it so much you get kicked off an SEC team and then getting into more trouble is a huge red flag.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    he did more than smoke weed... wasn't he busted dealing it or being in a house where it was being sold?

I'm also wondering why he could only do 4 reps of 225.

While I don't think smoking it is that big of a deal I think smoking it so much you get kicked off an SEC team and then getting into more trouble is a huge red flag.
    Being in a house where it is sold is what those who hit the hippie lettuce do. So that part doesn't bother me. That's how they get their lettuce. Only doing 4 reps does bother me a bit, not because I think that DBs have to have a strong bench, but because he obviously did no gym work heading into the combine, showing a lack of caring that much. That DOES give me concern.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hey look, lloydroid with another bait post. Nice work.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Being in a house where it is sold is what those who hit the hippie lettuce do. So that part doesn't bother me. That's how they get their lettuce. Only doing 4 reps does bother me a bit, not because I think that DBs have to have a strong bench, but because he obviously did no gym work heading into the combine, showing a lack of caring that much. That DOES give me concern.
    sounds like he could workout with woodley and his attitude about not caring would fit right in with this bunch of steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

I grow weary of the Steelers drafting guys with a lack of motivation, no fire in the belly, untreated addiction concerns, untreated behavioral concerns...and a me first mentality. We need some leadership in the locker room...guys who are vocal leaders who walk the walk and a passion for the game. Right now, I'll take that over talent with no fire or maturity.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I grow weary of the Steelers drafting guys with a lack of motivation, no fire in the belly, untreated addiction concerns, untreated behavioral concerns...and a me first mentality. We need some leadership in the locker room...guys who are vocal leaders who walk the walk and a passion for the game. Right now, I'll take that over talent with no fire or maturity.
    Actually, we need both - an infusion of leadership AND an infusion of play makers on D. I would suspect they will fill up more of the leadership roles in earlier rounds. This kid would be taken late, if at all. You don't need all chiefs, you need Indians as well. That being said, last season was a case of bad team chemistry, as I noted during the season. The crap attitude of Wallace and FUMBLE-hall hurt the team bad. And the fact that Ben isn't a real leader made it worse.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Hey look, lloydroid with another bait post. Nice work.
    I thought you were done with the personal attack type of posting? Do you think posts of this type aid in creating better content?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    sounds like he could workout with woodley and his attitude about not caring would fit right in with this bunch of steelers.
    At least this kid isn't the fat slob that Woodley is. Not a big consolation though.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    His upside is huge. So he smoked weed. Big deal. I think the kid ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he just makes plays. And I believe him when he says last Oct. is the last time he hit weed. If he is still there in the later rounds, I say take him. But after the Ben/Holmes chain of events, I think Pgh is still smarting from those and are unlikely to take a risk on any known weed smokers, although they did take Adams, so who knows. But that being said, Adams drove to Pgh to plead his case, personally, so that probably made the difference. Deion thinks the Badger will be gone by the 3rd round. Man, it would be awesome seeing the Honey Badger in Pgh's backfield, making splash plays. I believe he would add a great deal to our aging D. We could use a play maker back there, in a huge way.

You bash T'eo but are willing to look the other way here with Mathieu and say so what to him committing a crime (smoking weed), and one that is punishable by the NFL? Nice. I got news for ya, T'eo made a lot more plays than the Honey Badger.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash