Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: I would draft Honey Badger

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I think that's exactly how the Steelers will look at it.
    I agree. I think the kid is a really good player. He's smooth, aggressive and is a flat out playmaker. That's the biggest thing. There is certain guys that have that ability to make big plays. He's that type of player and we need that type of player. I think he would be great in subpackages covering the slot and blitzing him off the edge.

With all that being said, the Steelers have had some discipline problems, off the field issues and apparently leadership & locker room issues. If we had more leaders on this team, I'd consider it but I wouldn't draft him before the 5th round. That is what I'd be open to. I don't think the Steelers would draft him at all IMO.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

2013 NFL Mock Draft Rounds 1-3: Tyrann Mathieu Lands With Pittsburgh Steelers?

Posted by Michael Gartman (Founder, Senior Writer)

With the 2013 NFL Draft just around the corner, it’s time to unveil team-by-team projections for the first three rounds before the three-day festivities kick into swing on April 25. Here’s part three of the series on the Pittsburgh Steelers.

First Round (No. 17 Overall): Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee

With the top three pass rushers who can line up at 3-4 rush linebacker off the board (Dion Jordan, Barkevious Mingo and Ezekiel Ansah) and the next three (Jarvis Jones, Damontre Moore and Alex Okafor) not worth the reach, Pittsburgh opts to pick up the best available and replaces Mike Wallace in the process with the addition of Cordarrelle Patterson. Scouts have cooled on Patterson to a degree due to his limited major-college experience, but he’s a steal in the No. 17 spot.

Second Round (No. 48 Overall): Corey Lemonier, DE/OLB, Auburn

The Steelers struggled to generate enough sacks (tied for 15th in the league) last year and just lost James Harrison, who tied for a team-high 6.0 sacks in 2012—which was also by far his lowest single-season sack total since 2006.

An agile and versatile long-limbed 4-3 DE/3-4 OLB by the name of Corey Lemonier offers the Steelers’ new-look defense some much-needed young talent and the run-stuffing and pass-rushing ability to help put the unit back on top.

Third Round (No. 79 Overall): Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU

The loss of Keenan Lewis was a pretty big blow to the Steelers’ secondary and the team was already projected by many to pursue an early-to-middle round safety before his departure as an eventual replacement for Troy Polamalu.

How far Tyrann Mathieu falls depends on how many teams will believe his off-the-field troubles are in the past. Though the LSU product comes with a major warning label, he’s well worth the risk in the middle of the third round.

The very fiesty and incredibly instinctual versatile defensive back is just as dangerous to receivers on defense as he is in the open field as a punt returner, as Mathieu finished fourth in the nation with 16.2 yards per punt return in 2011.

[URL]http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/2013_nfl_mock_draft_rounds_1_3_tyrann_mathieu_land s_with_pittsburgh_steelers/13366318[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha