Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mark Madden: Steelers' problems might be too big

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

MM can be a blustering moron. But he is right on with this piece. Kind of reiterates much of what I have been saying for a long time.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    MM can be a blustering moron. But he is right on with this piece. Kind of reiterates much of what I have been saying for a long time.
    He must be reading your posts

Rookie

User Info Menu

Sounds like you two have a lot in common...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Sounds like you two have a lot in common...
    Only when he displays superior insights.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Agreed. One thing he says that i think is absolutely true....the Steelers need to realize they have big issues. Nothing worse then believing your own hype and only planning for a drizzle with a hurricane on the way. If they simply push cap to next year and the year after and try and retain all of their vets, then they truly don't believe they have issues at all.
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Agreed. One thing he says that i think is absolutely true....the Steelers need to realize they have big issues. Nothing worse then believing your own hype and only planning for a drizzle with a hurricane on the way. If they simply push cap to next year and the year after and try and retain all of their vets, then they truly don't believe they have issues at all.
    Colbert even came out and stated it: They will not approach the season with the same players. Now, does that mean they only will blow off their free agents (Starks, Mendenhall, Lewis, Wallace, Hampton) or are they planning on dumping some vets under contract? It looks like it's the former. But that being said, I think they know they have issues; it's just that there is no obvious solution. They are between a rock and a hard place.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Only when he displays superior insights.
    That's when you and Madden have the least in common...