Thread: Winners and losers at the combine

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Winners and losers at the combine

Interesting article here: [url]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1543065-nfl-combine-2013-results-winners-and-losers-from-the-weekend?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newslette r&utm_campaign=pittsburgh-steelers#/articles/1543065-nfl-combine-2013-results-winners-and-losers-from-the-weekend[/url]

Never seen that grading system. Is it a scout thing I wonder? Maybe just some internet site grading? It rates some players that could be a steeler very good. And compares the grades this year to other players grades of last year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Anyone have any opinions on:

1. RBs

Michael Ford - LSU
    Christine Michael - Texas A&M

I've seens these guys mentioned as 3-6 rounders. And clearly this system has them ranked as the best of the best.

2. TEs

Did Tyler Eifert make himself worthy of a first round selection? He's a big boy with some athleticism that could really help this team out in the RedZone. I thought Ertz was a little better of a player, but maybe Eifert didn't get the full opportunity to showcase his talent in college because of his QB.

3. OTs

Eric Fisher - Central Michigan
    Lane Johnson - Oklahoma

Should we have these 2 on our radar at 17? If available when we pick, both might be hard to pass on because they could very well be BPA.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Anyone have any opinions on:

1. RBs

Michael Ford - LSU
    Christine Michael - Texas A&M

I've seens these guys mentioned as 3-6 rounders. And clearly this system has them ranked as the best of the best.

2. TEs

Did Tyler Eifert make himself worthy of a first round selection? He's a big boy with some athleticism that could really help this team out in the RedZone. I thought Ertz was a little better of a player, but maybe Eifert didn't get the full opportunity to showcase his talent in college because of his QB.

3. OTs

Eric Fisher - Central Michigan
    Lane Johnson - Oklahoma

Should we have these 2 on our radar at 17? If available when we pick, both might be hard to pass on because they could very well be BPA.
    I have to agree with some here who feel taking an O-lineman would lock up too much money in that unit done the road and we wouldn't be able to keep them all anyway.
    As far as Eifert, I have him in the second round of my mock but think he is good enough to at least be considered a 1st. round pick for us.
    We don't know how long it will take for Heath to recover from his injury and we certainly could use another good catch passing TE like Eifert.
    I know Haley would love him as a Steeler.

Legend

User Info Menu

I definitely don't think we need an OLineman in the 1st round. Just suggesting those 2 might be BPA when we pick. And if you don't want to take the BPA at that point, it could be a good opportunity to trade down.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I thought Andre Ellington had a legit shot to be considered the #1 RB because of his dual-thread ability and speed. I thought he was going to burn up the 40. His 4.62 at 199 lbs is not good. He will drop.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.