Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wexell Article on Vaccaro

Legend

User Info Menu

Wexell Article on Vaccaro

I'm warming to this pick more and more. This is a guy that could help in the slot initially before becoming the heir apparent to a safety position. The biggest thing I question is the lack of picks during his college career.[URL="http://pit.scout.com/2/1269779.html"]

http://pit.scout.com/2/1269779.html[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If we go S in round 1 at 17 there is no excuse for that safety to start year one and us cut whoever he is replacing to free up cap room to address other weaknesses on the team. Other teams somehow start rookies in their secondaries without that rookie getting torched and picked on every game....why can't we?
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    If we go S in round 1 at 17 there is no excuse for that safety to start year one and us cut whoever he is replacing to free up cap room to address other weaknesses on the team. Other teams somehow start rookies in their secondaries without that rookie getting torched and picked on every game....why can't we?
    I think Troy could answer your question better than me, he was one of the best safety's coming out in years and couldn't start for our team. It's been said LeBeau's system is complicated to learn as a rookie, so I assume thats part of it, but his defense is usually one of the best every year so I can't complain.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I'd rather see a rookie worked into the mix first in passing situations, with a year behind both Clark and Polamalu to learn. Plus, it gives you some depth at safety. I would rather see Clark/Vaccaro if Troy gets injured than Vaccaro paired with Mundy, Will Allen, etc.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I'm warming to this pick more and more. This is a guy that could help in the slot initially before becoming the heir apparent to a safety position. The biggest thing I question is the lack of picks during his college career.[URL="http://pit.scout.com/2/1269779.html"]

http://pit.scout.com/2/1269779.html[/URL]
    Yeah Vaccaro looks good in a uniform but when I watched him I didn't see greatness. I didn't see a lot of big plays. Now compare his on-field performance with that of Baccari Rambo. Night and day. Rambo had 3 times as many picks and 10 more PD's over the course of their college careers.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I saw many missed tackles with Vaccaro and personally think he is a FS only.

FYI Rambo didn't run and Reid ran an unofficial 4.53.

CB Rhodes ran an unofficial 4.41.

Swearinger 4.62.

Vaccaro 4.59.
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 02-26-2013 at 12:59 PM.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Yeah Vaccaro looks good in a uniform but when I watched him I didn't see greatness. I didn't see a lot of big plays. Now compare his on-field performance with that of Baccari Rambo. Night and day. Rambo had 3 times as many picks and 10 more PD's over the course of their college careers.
    But, what will be the best fit for the Steelers?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    But, what will be the best fit for the Steelers?
    I think they both would fit. I think Vaccaro is better suited as a SS. He lacks in coverage/ball skills and Rambo is better playing a center field role at FS. He is very good at reading a QB. and

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Vacarro misses to many tackles for my liking to be a SS. I don't think he will be an overly productive in box defender at the next level.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Vacarro misses to many tackles for my liking to be a SS. I don't think he will be an overly productive in box defender at the next level.
    Well then he is in trouble because the other spot requires some cover and ball skills. I think at the next level he'll get bigger and stronger which may help him at SS.