Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wexell Article on Vaccaro

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Wexell Article on Vaccaro

I'm warming to this pick more and more. This is a guy that could help in the slot initially before becoming the heir apparent to a safety position. The biggest thing I question is the lack of picks during his college career.[URL="http://pit.scout.com/2/1269779.html"]

http://pit.scout.com/2/1269779.html[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If we go S in round 1 at 17 there is no excuse for that safety to start year one and us cut whoever he is replacing to free up cap room to address other weaknesses on the team. Other teams somehow start rookies in their secondaries without that rookie getting torched and picked on every game....why can't we?
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    If we go S in round 1 at 17 there is no excuse for that safety to start year one and us cut whoever he is replacing to free up cap room to address other weaknesses on the team. Other teams somehow start rookies in their secondaries without that rookie getting torched and picked on every game....why can't we?
    I think Troy could answer your question better than me, he was one of the best safety's coming out in years and couldn't start for our team. It's been said LeBeau's system is complicated to learn as a rookie, so I assume thats part of it, but his defense is usually one of the best every year so I can't complain.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd rather see a rookie worked into the mix first in passing situations, with a year behind both Clark and Polamalu to learn. Plus, it gives you some depth at safety. I would rather see Clark/Vaccaro if Troy gets injured than Vaccaro paired with Mundy, Will Allen, etc.

Legend

User Info Menu

Praise the Lord!!!! Absolutely!!!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Praise the Lord!!!! Absolutely!!!
    I see no point in having a defensive system that takes years to learn so you can be ranked #1, when others in the top 5 can plug and play pieces quickly, getting more years out of their players, and knowing what they really have when their contracts are up. Give me a top 10 defense if it frees up cap to make our offense top 10 as well. Maybe they should be the side of the ball that carries the team for once instead of riding the defenses coat tails.
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I see no point in having a defensive system that takes years to learn so you can be ranked #1, when others in the top 5 can plug and play pieces quickly, getting more years out of their players, and knowing what they really have when their contracts are up. Give me a top 10 defense if it frees up cap to make our offense top 10 as well. Maybe they should be the side of the ball that carries the team for once instead of riding the defenses coat tails.
    When you have to rely on your D giving up only 10 or less points to win, you are fighting an uphill battle.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Because Tricky Dicky only likes old dudes. And I for one am sick of his unevolving ways. I don't want to hear about how young he seems for his age, old people refuse to learn and grow and that's what's happening to our D. It seems they are more obsessed with a high D rating than winning.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I'm warming to this pick more and more. This is a guy that could help in the slot initially before becoming the heir apparent to a safety position. The biggest thing I question is the lack of picks during his college career.[URL="http://pit.scout.com/2/1269779.html"]

http://pit.scout.com/2/1269779.html[/URL]
    Yeah Vaccaro looks good in a uniform but when I watched him I didn't see greatness. I didn't see a lot of big plays. Now compare his on-field performance with that of Baccari Rambo. Night and day. Rambo had 3 times as many picks and 10 more PD's over the course of their college careers.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Yeah Vaccaro looks good in a uniform but when I watched him I didn't see greatness. I didn't see a lot of big plays. Now compare his on-field performance with that of Baccari Rambo. Night and day. Rambo had 3 times as many picks and 10 more PD's over the course of their college careers.
    But, what will be the best fit for the Steelers?