Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wexell Article on Vaccaro

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    If we go S in round 1 at 17 there is no excuse for that safety to start year one and us cut whoever he is replacing to free up cap room to address other weaknesses on the team. Other teams somehow start rookies in their secondaries without that rookie getting torched and picked on every game....why can't we?
    Praise the Lord!!!! Absolutely!!!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    I saw many missed tackles with Vaccaro and personally think he is a FS only.

FYI Rambo didn't run and Reid ran an unofficial 4.53.

CB Rhodes ran an unofficial 4.41.

Swearinger 4.62.

Vaccaro 4.59.
    What about Philip Thomas? What did he run?

Never mind, I see he ran a 4.62. I would have thought him to run faster. He's a good one.
    Last edited by BigRob; 02-26-2013 at 01:56 PM.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Well then he is in trouble because the other spot requires some cover and ball skills. I think at the next level he'll get bigger and stronger which may help him at SS.
    The guys on the network are raving about his coverage skills. I'm personally not sold on him at #17. I don't think the drop off is that great in 2-3.

If S is a priority...I think there is better value with Reid in the 2nd than Vacarro in the 1st @ FS. I also like Cyprien & Elam in the 2nd @ SS.
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 02-26-2013 at 02:15 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Praise the Lord!!!! Absolutely!!!
    I see no point in having a defensive system that takes years to learn so you can be ranked #1, when others in the top 5 can plug and play pieces quickly, getting more years out of their players, and knowing what they really have when their contracts are up. Give me a top 10 defense if it frees up cap to make our offense top 10 as well. Maybe they should be the side of the ball that carries the team for once instead of riding the defenses coat tails.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Vaccaro is a safe pick, but not a spectacular pick. He isn't elite in any area but he is solid all around. He will be a productive starter, but doubt he makes many if any pro bowls. I would rather go for a guy with home run ability to rush the passer.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If we go S in round 1 at 17 there is no excuse for that safety to start year one and us cut whoever he is replacing to free up cap room to address other weaknesses on the team. Other teams somehow start rookies in their secondaries without that rookie getting torched and picked on every game....why can't we?
    Because Tricky Dicky only likes old dudes. And I for one am sick of his unevolving ways. I don't want to hear about how young he seems for his age, old people refuse to learn and grow and that's what's happening to our D. It seems they are more obsessed with a high D rating than winning.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I see no point in having a defensive system that takes years to learn so you can be ranked #1, when others in the top 5 can plug and play pieces quickly, getting more years out of their players, and knowing what they really have when their contracts are up. Give me a top 10 defense if it frees up cap to make our offense top 10 as well. Maybe they should be the side of the ball that carries the team for once instead of riding the defenses coat tails.
    When you have to rely on your D giving up only 10 or less points to win, you are fighting an uphill battle.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Yeah Vaccaro looks good in a uniform but when I watched him I didn't see greatness. I didn't see a lot of big plays. Now compare his on-field performance with that of Baccari Rambo. Night and day. Rambo had 3 times as many picks and 10 more PD's over the course of their college careers.
    I totally agree about Vaccaro. I feel he is overrated at this point. He has nice size and does a good job covering slot receivers and TEs man-to-man, but he whiffs on too many tackles, and he rarely plays the back half as a true safety. For me, he hasn't even proven that he can really handle back half duties against elite competition. That is a huge question mark.

I feel that Elam is a better safety than Vaccaro. He is faster and hits harder. I also think he is more fluid in coverage and more athletic in general. I don't know yet if I'd take Elam at 17. Probably not. I see him as a top 25 player. But, for me, Vacarro is an early second round talent (top 40).
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Just like the RB's, the DB's ran (mostly) a fair bit slower than expected.

Jonathan Banks ran 4.61??? What will that do to his draft stock?

Chadman expects we'll see vastly different times at Pro Days.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Just like the RB's, the DB's ran (mostly) a fair bit slower than expected.

Jonathan Banks ran 4.61??? What will that do to his draft stock?

Chadman expects we'll see vastly different times at Pro Days.
    Gotta disagree Chadman. There were a few clunkers, but I thought they ran better than expected. There isn't much elite talent here, but the class is deep. There were many solid times put in and several big DBs ran very well (better than expected).
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.