Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Two area's of the team that need improvement could be a clue to who we draft @17

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Yes, it makes a lot of sense, I have TE in the second round but wouldn't be opposed to making TE my first pick. Not only that a top TE could start immediately and help our offense which certainly needs it.
    It comes down to who the BPA will be when we pick regardless of position IMHO, but it would be sweet to not only get a impact player but one that could help our team the first year.

I like Eifert in the second but will he last that long? If not, maybe the Steelers will consider who knows. Not sure but I think the Vikings drafted Kyle Rudolph who helped their team right away, he also played at Notre Dame if I'm not mistaken.

I would be tempted but keep him as a second round pick, I don't see a TE that is dominate in both Blocking and catching the ball, Eifert is a great pass catcher but needs work on the blocking.
    Heath could do it all, thats why they drafted him even though he had an injury to overcome at the time.
    I think there is a 30-40% chance we take a TE in Round 1 if Eifert is still available. If we trade down a few picks it goes up even more.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    As for Hood, who has proven to be better?

Perhaps Jairus Byrd, but prior to the 2009 draft, both Polamalu and Clark were playing at a high level...

Perhaps Max Unger...but, we ended up with Pouncey next season...

Beyond that, there really isn't anybody within range of that #32 pick that has proven to be better...
    I remember hearing that Max Unger was a guy the Steelers really wanted and that they tried to trade back up in the draft to land him. An interesting "what if" game if they had selected Unger rather than Ziggy.

With Unger on board, they probably would have bypassed Urbik. Perhaps they select Roy Miller (went a few slots after Urbik) or another defensive lineman in the 4th.

The next year, with Unger on board, maybe they keep him on board and still take Pouncey. Or maybe they take Demaryious Thomas, Sean Weatherspoon, Dez Bryant or one of many other options.

Would be interesting to see how it would all play out otherwise with one pick changed...