Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would Ben Take one on the Chin for the Team Like brady did?

Legend

User Info Menu

Two different situations here.

Brady "got his" already, this is gravy for him.
    Like it or not (spygate) he is runnig for the title of best ever QB. His legacy is all that he needs to play for.
    The whole "spygate" thing makes it even more important to do it without that cloud.

This is Flaccos ONE CHANCE to get his elite QB payday. He aint an all time great QB.
    He will NEVER again command elite QB money, it is his one chance at the big payday.

Any reasonable deal will STILL result in the loss of key players, along with age. lowering his demands wont get them more rings.

He never gets the respect that he think he deserves and he will demand respect be given in terms of this contract.

Flacco is gonna get paid, and he aint gonna play nice.

Brady is about his legacy now, two players in very different situations.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Brady will get his $. They have some kind of a secret deal where he will end up getting every dime, you can count on that. There are a plethora of ways they can do this.

Legend

User Info Menu

Brady got his and he is still going to get a nice guarantee. Flacco should get a Brady type deal given his SB and playoff record.

Legend

User Info Menu

the brady contracts have all been suspect. there are some shady dealings going on with him.
    taking 20% less is a hometown discount. taking 50% less is criminal.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Two different situations here.

Brady "got his" already, this is gravy for him.
    Like it or not (spygate) he is runnig for the title of best ever QB. His legacy is all that he needs to play for.
    The whole "spygate" thing makes it even more important to do it without that cloud.

This is Flaccos ONE CHANCE to get his elite QB payday. He aint an all time great QB.
    He will NEVER again command elite QB money, it is his one chance at the big payday.

Any reasonable deal will STILL result in the loss of key players, along with age. lowering his demands wont get them more rings.

He never gets the respect that he think he deserves and he will demand respect be given in terms of this contract.

Flacco is gonna get paid, and he aint gonna play nice.

Brady is about his legacy now, two players in very different situations.
    These are all good points. Plus, I don't see Flacco ever having the demand for commercials like Brady has.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Once a cheater always a cheater. I have no problem with believing Brady is getting revenue in different ways from his Krafty owner. The whole organization stabbed the NFL, players, fans, families, coaches, cities in the back with their cheating. I also believe if Ben had to, he would would deal back some of his contract in favor of a championship.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I guess supersteeler you have your answer. 3 straight years Ben has does this. Question now is, would Tom Brady do that?

[url]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8992369/ben-roethlisberger-lawrence-timmons-pittsburgh-steelers-agree-restructure-contracts-according-report[/url]
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Dee Dub;550705]I guess supersteeler you have your answer. 3 straight years Ben has does this. Question now is, would Tom Brady do that?

I knew Ben would come through, heck, he's been taking it on the chin and more. The nose too, don' t forget he was punched by classless Seymore. Yeah, Big Ben might not be the best QB in the game but there is no QB tougher than Ben which makes him the perfect fit here in Pittsburgh.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Roethlisberger deal could also impact the [URL="http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/bal/baltimore-ravens"]Baltimore Ravens[/URL] and Super Bowl MVP [URL="http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/11252/joe-flacco"]Joe Flacco[/URL]. Just as [URL="http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/2330/tom-brady"]Tom Brady[/URL]'s contract extension took him out of the top five-salaried quarterbacks and lowered the exclusive-rights franchise quarterback number that could be attached to Flacco if a deal is not reached before the March 4 deadline, Roethlisberger's new contract will drop him out of the top five and further lower that figure.

Thanks,
    Kindle

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Right on Ben! Great news for the TEAM!!!
    @_Hellgrammite