Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I still would draft T'eo and Minter!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Go look up what Patrick Willis did the past two seasons (stats). Very average. and he is now no longer a 3 down LB.

And then tell us how you get 15 and 13.5 tackles for loss as an ILB if you play slow on the football field. The 40 times for this position is really not as important as quickness and anticipation. Both T'eo and Minter are very quick on the football field.
    I'm talking about when he came out. And I'm not doubting their oustanding production. But I will tell you that there are loads of guys who were awesome producers at the college level... it doesn't make them worthy of a first-round pick. I'll bet you Larry Foote (Big Ten DPOY) had similar stats, along with a comparable 40 time. Foote was had in the 5th round pick (or whatever it was).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I'm talking about when he came out. And I'm not doubting their oustanding production. But I will tell you that there are loads of guys who were awesome producers at the college level... it doesn't make them worthy of a first-round pick. I'll bet you Larry Foote (Big Ten DPOY) had similar stats, along with a comparable 40 time. Foote was had in the 5th round pick (or whatever it was).
    I would bet my house that Larry Foote never had a season in which he had 13.5 tackles for loss. Or one in which he had 7 INT's. Big difference.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

you would have to absolutely be nuts to even think about this guy at 1:17.

like fake dead girlfriend nuts.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    you would have to absolutely be nuts to even think about this guy at 1:17.

like fake dead girlfriend nuts.
    Call me nuts then. This kid was wrecking havoc in the opponents backfield 2 and 3 years ago as a downhill thumper at 255lbs. They asked him to drop some weight and work on his pass coverage and he did to the tune of 7 INT's. Many people are going to regret they missed on him.

From Peter King..

4. Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o made a very good first impression on the NFL. No way the second- or third-rated inside linebacker gets to the bottom of the round now, in the wake of the fake girlfriend story. I can't see him lasting past Cincinnati at 21. "Unbelievable kid,'' is how one interviewer for a team described him Sunday night. "Everybody in our room fell in love with him." More about him in a few moments.

Read More: [URL]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130225/nfl-combine-peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback/#ixzz2LyEj62VG[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Oh and let me add, which I already said several times before, I'd jump all over Matt Barkley if I were a team that needed a QB. He is going to be a franchise QB. And many are going to miss on him too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I would bet my house that Larry Foote never had a season in which he had 13.5 tackles for loss. Or one in which he had 7 INT's. Big difference.
    Foote was the man in college. He definitely didn't have the INTs, but he had 26 TFL his senior season.
    [url]http://bentley.umich.edu/athdept/football/fballam/aafoote.htm[/url]

Sounds like our boy Shoe might be moving up to a deluxe apartment in the sky

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Foote was the man in college. He definitely didn't have the INTs, but he had 26 TFL his senior season.
    [URL]http://bentley.umich.edu/athdept/football/fballam/aafoote.htm[/URL]

Sounds like our boy Shoe might be moving up to a deluxe apartment in the sky
    Wow...you got me on that one. I would have never thought that. Oh well...I aint given up my house.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wow...you got me on that one. I would have never thought that. Oh well...I aint given up my house.
    I've always said if Foote had either size or speed, he'd be an All Pro. He's really got great instincts, but he's slow and weak at the point of attack.

Last year, they got fast Foote in Spence. If they drafted Minter, they'd get big Foote this year. While I wouldn't use the #17 pick, it would be interesting to see the regular Foote compete with the fast and big Foote.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I've always said if Foote had either size or speed, he'd be an All Pro. He's really got great instincts, but he's slow and weak at the point of attack.

Last year, they got fast Foote in Spence. If they drafted Minter, they'd get big Foote this year. While I wouldn't use the #17 pick, it would be interesting to see the regular Foote compete with the fast and big Foote.
    Hey wasnt Foote an OLB at Michigan? I'm pretty sure he was. So he never had 13.5 tackles for loss from the ILB spot. So I keep my house.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I will pass on Teo..Too slow and cant shed blocks. Got abused by Alabama...nothing spectacular about his play. On top of that fake girlfriend drama.

Minter is not a Rd 1 ILB.

ILB at #17 is highly over-rated. One can get a thumper LB in Rd 3. You don't want to invest tweo mid Rd 1 picks on ILB position.

At #17 you draft a game changer on either side.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT