Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I still would draft T'eo and Minter!!

Legend

User Info Menu

A guy like Penn St's Gerald Hodges might provide as good 'value' as a Round 3-4 type LB as a Te'o or Minter. Obviously, Minter & Te'o are likely to be superior footballers, but for run stuffing ILB's, not sure if they provide great 'value' as 1st round picks.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I'm talking about when he came out. And I'm not doubting their oustanding production. But I will tell you that there are loads of guys who were awesome producers at the college level... it doesn't make them worthy of a first-round pick. I'll bet you Larry Foote (Big Ten DPOY) had similar stats, along with a comparable 40 time. Foote was had in the 5th round pick (or whatever it was).
    I agree Shoe. Patrick Willis keeps coming up but that guy proved himself in the SEC on an Ole Miss team.

I think Te'o is a solid late 2nd or mid 3rd rounder and I think the hype has already started to hurt his draft stock. Not sure if anyone watched his 40, they showed the Ravens HC shaking his head in disappointment while watching Te'o. Maybe he's bluffing but he looked disappointed in what he witnessed.

Legend

User Info Menu

My understanding is Mintor, Te'o and Williams had poor combines. Not saying all there is but the pieces start adding up.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Hey wasnt Foote an OLB at Michigan? I'm pretty sure he was. So he never had 13.5 tackles for loss from the ILB spot. So I keep my house.
    Too late... a deal's a deal. Just scooch over and make room... I like the left side of the bed.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I agree Shoe. Patrick Willis keeps coming up but that guy proved himself in the SEC on an Ole Miss team.

I think Te'o is a solid late 2nd or mid 3rd rounder and I think the hype has already started to hurt his draft stock. Not sure if anyone watched his 40, they showed the Ravens HC shaking his head in disappointment while watching Te'o. Maybe he's bluffing but he looked disappointed in what he witnessed.
    That's the way I see it too--I'm OK with Te'o in the 2nd and beyond.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    I will pass on Teo..Too slow and cant shed blocks. Got abused by Alabama...nothing spectacular about his play. On top of that fake girlfriend drama.

Minter is not a Rd 1 ILB.

ILB at #17 is highly over-rated. One can get a thumper LB in Rd 3. You don't want to invest tweo mid Rd 1 picks on ILB position.

At #17 you draft a game changer on either side.
    Would you be willing to take that one game away and judge T'eo on his complete body of work for all the rest of his games at Notre Dame?
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    My understanding is Mintor, Te'o and Williams had poor combines. Not saying all there is but the pieces start adding up.
    Dont agree. I actually watched it. Other than his 40 T'eo was very solid in his drills. Had a better 20 yard shuttle and a 3 cone drill cone than your boy Alec Ogletree. And again for me that is a better barometer for and ILB than a 40 yard dash is.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Would you be willing to take that one game away and judge T'eo on his complete body of work for all the rest of his games at Notre Dame?
    That isn't how it works. It's the one game where he played against the big boys of the SEC who are the closest thing to NFL talent. IMO he should have played in the Senior Bowl.

I do agree on shuttle and cone drills being more important than 40 time....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't think the Steelers will look at ILB inside the Top 3-4 rounds. Just my thoughts.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That isn't how it works. It's the one game where he played against the big boys of the SEC who are the closest thing to NFL talent. IMO he should have played in the Senior Bowl.
    I think there was kind of a distraction that may have played a roll in that...just sayin.

I do agree on shuttle and cone drills being more important than 40 time....
    Oh good...then that means you dont think he is slow anymore. His shuttle and cone drills were solid and better than Alec Ogletree's.