Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 70

Thread: I still would draft T'eo and Minter!!

  1. #41
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    This is an amazingly accurate & valid observation. Cuts right to the heart of what people are worried about concerning Te'o.

    It's not that he can't play. But right now, it's like all the cracks are being exposed.
    I look at it differently. I see a possible cause and affect here. I see something that happened to him that hurt him deeply and then embarrassed him. I see that this may have caused him to under-perform. He is human after-all. No player that I know of has ever had to do with what he had to deal with. Yesterdays press conference had the largest media contingent in the history of the combine.

    Charles Davis of the NFL Network said yesterday that even though T'eo wont admit to it, the story affected his play in the Championship game. After-all it has been reported that the fake girlfriend threatened to show up at the team hotel the day of the game.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

  2. #42
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    This is an amazingly accurate & valid observation. Cuts right to the heart of what people are worried about concerning Te'o.

    It's not that he can't play. But right now, it's like all the cracks are being exposed.
    If he came in ripped... or ran a 4.5... or did 30 reps.. or had a nice senior bowl... just do something that makes people believe this isnt all media and ND hype.

    Right now its Te'o fans telling us he is legit but he isnt showing us. IMO not playing in the senior bowl hurt him

  3. #43
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I look at it differently. I see a possible cause and affect here. I see something that happened to him that hurt him deeply and then embarrassed him. I see that this may have caused him to under-perform. He is human after-all. No player that I know of has ever had to do with what he had to deal with. Yesterdays press conference had the largest media contingent in the history of the combine.

    Charles Davis of the NFL Network said yesterday that even though T'eo wont admit to it, the story affected his play in the Championship game. After-all it has been reported that the fake girlfriend threatened to show up at the team hotel the day of the game.
    Thats not a good excuse.... he pretty much brought this on himself. Some ND players said he never talked about this girl as anything more than a friend but once the media caught wind she turned into the love of his life.

    He had more than enough time to regroup and play in the Senior Bowl...

  4. #44
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Thats not a good excuse.... he pretty much brought this on himself. Some ND players said he never talked about this girl as anything more than a friend but once the media caught wind she turned into the love of his life.

    He had more than enough time to regroup and play in the Senior Bowl...
    That's the difference between you and I. I think it very well could be a viable excuse especially when you look at his performance prior to this event. He played at a very high level and then there was a substantial drop off. But you are who you are and I am who I am. We see things differently. You are quick to judge and condemn and I am not.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

  5. #45
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,410
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Thats not a good excuse.... he pretty much brought this on himself. Some ND players said he never talked about this girl as anything more than a friend but once the media caught wind she turned into the love of his life.

    He had more than enough time to regroup and play in the Senior Bowl...
    Again, Chadman is agreeing. Dee Dub is right too, though. It's not like Te'o suddenly became a terrible footballer. He's a talented guy. And he's being put through some extraordinary circumstances- regardless of who is at fault for it.

    While Te'o suffering from the pressure is certainly understandable, it would look 'better' for him if he then used this pressure to bring out more focus in him, make him produce something to show that he can overcome. Right now, everything he's giving us is negative. It'll hurt his draft stock, regardless of how right or wrong people are in diagnosing his ability.

    His Pro Day has suddenly become HUGE for him, but given the recent 'fall', Chadman is not sure just how much his Pro Day can salvage his pre-Draft stock.

    Right now... if he was available at #17, Chadman would try to find greater 'guarenteed value'. If he was there when the Steelers pick in the 2nd... he'd be very tempting.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  6. #46
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    That's the difference between you and I. I think it very well could be a viable excuse especially when you look at his performance prior to this event. He played at a very high level and then there was a substantial drop off. But you are who you are and I am who I am. We see things differently. You are quick to judge and condemn and I am not.
    I hope you realize you just judged me...lol.

    Anyway... no one said he didnt habe a good season but against the best team on the biggest stage you wwnt to give him a pass and I refuse to. He had a chance to redeem himself in the Senior Bowl, he had a chance to redeem himself with a better 40 time or a better combine.

    He made an excuse for his 40 time saying the combine was draining. Excuse after excuse... but you are free to convince us otherwidse but realize you cant talk him into performing better. He had some good games this year... and some not so good games.

  7. #47
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Again, Chadman is agreeing. Dee Dub is right too, though. It's not like Te'o suddenly became a terrible footballer. He's a talented guy. And he's being put through some extraordinary circumstances- regardless of who is at fault for it.

    While Te'o suffering from the pressure is certainly understandable, it would look 'better' for him if he then used this pressure to bring out more focus in him, make him produce something to show that he can overcome. Right now, everything he's giving us is negative. It'll hurt his draft stock, regardless of how right or wrong people are in diagnosing his ability.

    His Pro Day has suddenly become HUGE for him, but given the recent 'fall', Chadman is not sure just how much his Pro Day can salvage his pre-Draft stock.

    Right now... if he was available at #17, Chadman would try to find greater 'guarenteed value'. If he was there when the Steelers pick in the 2nd... he'd be very tempting.
    I dont want him... but I dont think he is a horrible football player either. Dub said Pro Bowler... uses comparisons like Willis and Ray Lewis and I dont see it.

    He's definitely been through some drama but this is what happens when your off field story is larger than the on field story.

    Ive said all along I think he is a late 2nd/mid 3rd talent. Again, he was 2nd in the Heisman and won all kinds of awards. Why should I lower my expectations or give him the benefit? His job is to live up to the hype. If the hype was realistic maybe I would be a fan but IMO he is just like Brady Quinn, Tebow, Hansbrough... don't sell me a superstar when I see a role player.

    If he becomes a star I will admit my mistake.

  8. #48
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,905
    ...and one more thing. All these horrible things happened to a girl he never met. In early Dec he got whiff that it was a scam. ND investigated, he knew something was funky yet he still let a phone call on game day distract him from the mpst important game of his career.

    Too many excuses...

  9. #49
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I dont want him... but I dont think he is a horrible football player either. Dub said Pro Bowler... uses comparisons like Willis and Ray Lewis and I dont see it.

    He's definitely been through some drama but this is what happens when your off field story is larger than the on field story.

    Ive said all along I think he is a late 2nd/mid 3rd talent. Again, he was 2nd in the Heisman and won all kinds of awards. Why should I lower my expectations or give him the benefit? His job is to live up to the hype. If the hype was realistic maybe I would be a fan but IMO he is just like Brady Quinn, Tebow, Hansbrough... don't sell me a superstar when I see a role player.

    If he becomes a star I will admit my mistake.
    Hilarious!! I have never compared him to Patrick Willis or Ray Lewis. It was BigRob who said he wasn't in that class and I simply pointed out that the last two years Patrick Willis as been average.

    You are amazing.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

  10. #50
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    ...and one more thing. All these horrible things happened to a girl he never met. In early Dec he got whiff that it was a scam. ND investigated, he knew something was funky yet he still let a phone call on game day distract him from the mpst important game of his career.

    Too many excuses...
    If that person showed up on game day what do you think the circus (media), would have been? You dont think that may have been playing in his mind?

    Regardless felt, I still think he is worthy of a first round pick and I would have no problem taking him at 17.
    Last edited by Dee Dub; 02-26-2013 at 06:58 PM.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •