Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 70

Thread: I still would draft T'eo and Minter!!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,573

    I still would draft T'eo and Minter!!

    I dont care what anyone has to say. I don't care about any issue with T'eo being duped by a fake girlfriend and that he wasn't honest about it. I dont care about a bad performance in the championship game. I dont care that he and Minter ran 4.80 40's. I would still take them at 17 and never look back.

    I have seen enough of both of these guys to know they are solid football players. Guys that I believe will be even better in the NFL. If you look at Minter's 15 tackles for loss this past year and T'eo's 13.5 two years ago when he played at 255 it tells me that they both play fast on the football field. Think about it. They are coming from 5-7 yards off the line of scrimmage and racking up those numbers in the opponents back field? I believe these two would excel in Le Beau's 3-4 next to Timmons.

    Put me down for DeAndre Hopkins (4.57), and Terrance Williams (4.52), as well. Both didn't run great 40's but both played great on the field.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler pfelix73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic US
    Posts
    2,312
    I concur. Starting to like this Ziggy Ansah too.. What are your thoughts on him?
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

    2012 MNF Executive Champion






  3. #3
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I dont care what anyone has to say. I don't care about any issue with T'eo being duped by a fake girlfriend and that he wasn't honest about it. I dont care about a bad performance in the championship game. I dont care that he and Minter ran 4.80 40's. I would still take them at 17 and never look back.

    I have seen enough of both of these guys to know they are solid football players. Guys that I believe will be even better in the NFL. If you look at Minter's 15 tackles for loss this past year and T'eo's 13.5 two years ago when he played at 255 it tells me that they both play fast on the football field. Think about it. They are coming from 5-7 yards off the line of scrimmage and racking up those numbers in the opponents back field? I believe these two would excel in Le Beau's 3-4 next to Timmons.

    Put me down for DeAndre Hopkins (4.57), and Terrance Williams (4.52), as well. Both didn't run great 40's but both played great on the field.
    Well, if you wanted either one of these guys to be a consideration for us at 17, then you got your wish if that is what they timed (haven't watched it yet). For an ILB to be drafted in the first round, you gotta put on a Patrick Willis-type exhibition of athleticism. And primarily, your speed determines that (because speed tells them whether you should be able to play three-downs, play outside potentially, etc.)

    If Te'o is the player we would like him to be (a poorman's Ray Lewis), then you got your wish. He's there for the picking. Cuz 4.8 is f'n horrendous time for a 22-year old LB prospect.

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Well, if you wanted either one of these guys to be a consideration for us at 17, then you got your wish if that is what they timed (haven't watched it yet). For an ILB to be drafted in the first round, you gotta put on a Patrick Willis-type exhibition of athleticism. And primarily, your speed determines that (because speed tells them whether you should be able to play three-downs, play outside potentially, etc.)

    If Te'o is the player we would like him to be (a poorman's Ray Lewis), then you got your wish. He's there for the picking. Cuz 4.8 is f'n horrendous time for a 22-year old LB prospect.
    Go look up what Patrick Willis did the past two seasons (stats). Very average. and he is now no longer a 3 down LB.

    And then tell us how you get 15 and 13.5 tackles for loss as an ILB if you play slow on the football field. The 40 times for this position is really not as important as quickness and anticipation. Both T'eo and Minter are very quick on the football field.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Go look up what Patrick Willis did the past two seasons (stats). Very average. and he is now no longer a 3 down LB.

    And then tell us how you get 15 and 13.5 tackles for loss as an ILB if you play slow on the football field. The 40 times for this position is really not as important as quickness and anticipation. Both T'eo and Minter are very quick on the football field.
    I'm talking about when he came out. And I'm not doubting their oustanding production. But I will tell you that there are loads of guys who were awesome producers at the college level... it doesn't make them worthy of a first-round pick. I'll bet you Larry Foote (Big Ten DPOY) had similar stats, along with a comparable 40 time. Foote was had in the 5th round pick (or whatever it was).

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I'm talking about when he came out. And I'm not doubting their oustanding production. But I will tell you that there are loads of guys who were awesome producers at the college level... it doesn't make them worthy of a first-round pick. I'll bet you Larry Foote (Big Ten DPOY) had similar stats, along with a comparable 40 time. Foote was had in the 5th round pick (or whatever it was).
    I would bet my house that Larry Foote never had a season in which he had 13.5 tackles for loss. Or one in which he had 7 INT's. Big difference.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

  7. #7
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I would bet my house that Larry Foote never had a season in which he had 13.5 tackles for loss. Or one in which he had 7 INT's. Big difference.
    Foote was the man in college. He definitely didn't have the INTs, but he had 26 TFL his senior season.
    http://bentley.umich.edu/athdept/foo...am/aafoote.htm

    Sounds like our boy Shoe might be moving up to a deluxe apartment in the sky

  8. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I'm talking about when he came out. And I'm not doubting their oustanding production. But I will tell you that there are loads of guys who were awesome producers at the college level... it doesn't make them worthy of a first-round pick. I'll bet you Larry Foote (Big Ten DPOY) had similar stats, along with a comparable 40 time. Foote was had in the 5th round pick (or whatever it was).
    I agree Shoe. Patrick Willis keeps coming up but that guy proved himself in the SEC on an Ole Miss team.

    I think Te'o is a solid late 2nd or mid 3rd rounder and I think the hype has already started to hurt his draft stock. Not sure if anyone watched his 40, they showed the Ravens HC shaking his head in disappointment while watching Te'o. Maybe he's bluffing but he looked disappointed in what he witnessed.

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,542
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I agree Shoe. Patrick Willis keeps coming up but that guy proved himself in the SEC on an Ole Miss team.

    I think Te'o is a solid late 2nd or mid 3rd rounder and I think the hype has already started to hurt his draft stock. Not sure if anyone watched his 40, they showed the Ravens HC shaking his head in disappointment while watching Te'o. Maybe he's bluffing but he looked disappointed in what he witnessed.
    That's the way I see it too--I'm OK with Te'o in the 2nd and beyond.

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,573
    Terrell Suggs ran a 4.84 40 and Vontaze Burfict ran a 4.93. It's what you do for 10 yards...not 40 yards.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •