Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Players the Steelers have met or have shown interest in.....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    My understanding is that Tomlin is in attendance, but will not be meeting with any media. Colbert is the Steelers' designated representative to the media.
    Maybe this is what I heard. Thanks Slapstick. Didn't want to be spreading rumors that were not true but thought I heard something that caught my ear.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    Geno Smith QB WVU met with the Steelers as well. Add that to your list. He will be long gone before we pick at 17 though.
    If by some crazy occurance Geno Smith fell to 17 and we took him I would find something else to do in the fall other than dedicate time to the Steelers. I think he will be long gone as well though. I got this gut feeling we draft E.J. Manuel from Florida State in the mid rounds which will also piss me off.
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    If by some crazy occurance Geno Smith fell to 17 and we took him I would find something else to do in the fall other than dedicate time to the Steelers. I think he will be long gone as well though. I got this gut feeling we draft E.J. Manuel from Florida State in the mid rounds which will also piss me off.
    So you don't like Geno at all or you would just be pissed we took a QB in the first round?
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    So you don't like Geno at all or you would just be pissed we took a QB in the first round?
    I'm not a fan of Geno Smith as an NFL QB, and would be pissed we took a QB in the first round.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I got this gut feeling we draft E.J. Manuel from Florida State in the mid rounds which will also piss me off.
    I hope not. I haven't seen much of him, but what I've seen hasn't been good.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    What does he need to see live and in person? Everything is taped and the interviews are taped as well I am sure. Is there really a reason for him to be there?
    Yet another example that Tomlin is losing power, not gaining it. The Rooneys are ticked off because he lost the team last year and was responsible for one of the least disciplined team in 20 years. I don't think Tomlin will have that much authority in who they draft this year.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Yet another example that Tomlin is losing power, not gaining it. The Rooneys are ticked off because he lost the team last year and was responsible for one of the least disciplined team in 20 years. I don't think Tomlin will have that much authority in who they draft this year.
    Wrong again, mi amigo!

[URL]http://blog.steelers.com/[/URL]

Steelers’ Coach Mike Tomlin and his wife Kiya were honored on Friday by the Chuck Cooper Foundation with the Career Achievement in Leadership Diversity and Community Service Award. Tomlin was unable to attend the luncheon because of the NFL Scouting Combine, but Kiya accepted on their behalf.

“It’s humbling,” said Mike Tomlin prior to leaving for the NFL Combine. “It’s not the type of recognition that we seek. We appreciate it, but we just feel like we are doing what we are called to do. We are greatly blessed personally and professionally and giving back goes with that.”
    Yeah, the Rooneys can't possibly be proud of hiring this guy...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    lol. Please cut your mindless posts way down. You're closing in on 1800 posts since this last August and at least 1750 of those are ridiculous. If your goal is to be despised by this entire board you'll achieve that goal in a month or less. Stop being ridiculous or get the hell out of here. It's pretty obvious at this point you're more of a annoyance than anything else. Your attempt to start fires and your ridiculous nature is not appreciated. I grew tired of it over a month ago. It's only a matter of time before the rest of the board does. Now you can threaten me with board rules. Stop spamming the f##king message board!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I saw Mike last night at Capital Grill with Dan Rooney (Southeast scout) and Mark Breuner.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    lol. Please cut your mindless posts way down. You're closing in on 1800 posts since this last August and at least 1750 of those are ridiculous. If your goal is to be despised by this entire board you'll achieve that goal in a month or less. Stop being ridiculous or get the hell out of here. It's pretty obvious at this point you're more of a annoyance than anything else. Your attempt to start fires and your ridiculous nature is not appreciated. I grew tired of it over a month ago. It's only a matter of time before the rest of the board does. Now you can threaten me with board rules. Stop spamming the f##king message board!
    I concur. I've grown tired of his smugness too. Once in a blue moon he'll post something insightful, but that is rare.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion