Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: wide receivers at combine

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Patterson is a risky pick (as he will probably be a mid to late first rounder), but I think he has sky-high potential. When he gets the ball in his hands he is electric. He has it all as a runner. He is very fast, strong, and elusive. He has a running back mentality and style. He looks like he has long arms to go along with good height and should be able to refine his route running. His hands seem decent, though not great. I think he could become a top ten WR in this league down the road. Then again, he had one year of good production after transferring from JC.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Patterson from Tennessee...

that is all.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Kenny Stills looked great and popped a 4.37. Could be a steal in the 3rd.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I see alot of people saying they want a good route runner and knock a WR off their list because they aren't. Your poor route runners, body catchers, throttle down out of breaks, poor reader, etc List goes on...You are talking about coachable things that can be corrected. All I am going to say is this. Wallace is leaving. That is almost a definate. What Wallace did bring to the Steelers was an "uncoachable" trait. That needs to be replaced. Yes you can score TD's by being the hardest worker and great route runner...But that doesn't come easy. To have a chance to be Dynamic in the NFL...You just have to be blessed with God given abilities.

When Wallace leaves...They will be left with no X. If they sign Breaston...They still may not have an X. Will Brown, Sanders, Breaston, and whomever you want to add to that list be a good group? Yes...I would say they will have some success. But they will have their struggles in certain personel packages. Nobody plays cover 2 against good route runners. Nobody will feel threatened with AB on the outside in 22 or 13 personnel on 3rd & short. They better find a WR who creates a match-up problem somewhere in this draft. I have a feeling if they sign Breaston, a WR early will not be the pick if it can be avoided. Word on Breaston is he wants to see snaps. I hate to change my Mock...But I think I will have to if Breaston is signed. Dam!

Legend

User Info Menu

Patterson... get the ball in his hands anyway you can and watch him make plays. Kid is a natural.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Patterson... get the ball in his hands anyway you can and watch him make plays. Kid is a natural.
    Even if Mike Wallace is a one "trick pony" his ability to change games as a deep threat must be replaced to remain status quo on offense. I know without a doubt Colbert and Tomlin understand this. Is there a WR in this draft with Wallace's down field speed and also is an all around receiver? If the answer is yes... I'd like to see him taken #1. This is becoming a quick strike league and the Steelers will lose this ability when Wallace walks... Even if Haley's offense is primarily a "dink and dunk", Ben and Wallace were capable of breaking a big play at any given moment... That can't be under stated...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Antonio Brown is more than fast enough to be the X in the Steelers offense...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Patterson from Tennessee...

that is all.
    Would make me happy
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

What I saw from Eifert this weekend tells me the kid can be a match up nightmare and game changer. Would help our Red Zone issues more than any WR. USA Today said he likely moved himself up to a Top 20 pick. I'd be happy with him or Patterson.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Antonio Brown is more than fast enough to be the X in the Steelers offense...
    Brown is not an X.