Thread: Walter football Mock.... steelers first four picks

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Walter football Mock.... steelers first four picks

1. Jarvis Jones OLB

2. DeAndre Hopkins WR

3. Monte Ball RB

4. T.J McDonald S

This is one of the better mocks I've seen, especially the first three, I don't know much about the safety though, but overall I would be happy with these selections.
    They are saying Jones could fall to us, I'm hearing he is one of the best players in the draft but is there a risk invoved with him?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    1. Jarvis Jones OLB

2. DeAndre Hopkins WR

3. Monte Ball RB

4. T.J McDonald S

This is one of the better mocks I've seen, especially the first three, I don't know much about the safety though, but overall I would be happy with these selections.
    They are saying Jones could fall to us, I'm hearing he is one of the best players in the draft but is there a risk invoved with him?
    Yeah this would be a great draft but I don't think Jones gets past pick 5. He has already shown he is healthy and that the health risk question has been answered for over 3 years now.

He has a narrow spinal cord (Spinal Stenosis).
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The thing that gets me about all of this is even ESPN's Scouts Inc. has dropped Jarvis Jones (17th overall), in their rankings but yet have Alec Ogletree (arrested 3 times), ahead of him. I think there is a great risk in Olgetree than there is in Jones. I hoped to God that Jones drops to the Steelers. He plugs n plays from day one as he has already excelled in a 3-4. He is a sack machine.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Health risk is different in college to pro's. I don't think playing injury free means you are less of a risk now. You are talking about using a Top 10 pick and millions of dollars on a player that may suffer a signfifcant injury while being employed by your organization. That is alot in the bag. I'm sure the probe is extensive. I'm sure some teams will be scared away early. He is a talented player. He will turn 24 during the start of the season. He just seems far off the "profile" of a Steelers 1st rounder. I would have to see them pick him before I throw out that "profile".

Legend

User Info Menu

1. Jarvis Jones OLB

2. DeAndre Hopkins WR

3. Monte Ball RB

4. T.J McDonald S

That wouldbe a great draft.

If you thought Jones' back would last for just 5 years it would be worth the risk as long as LeBeau got him on the field early
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I hoped to God that Jones drops to the Steelers. He plugs n plays from day one as he has already excelled in a 3-4. He is a sack machine.
    Really??? Have you forgotten who our Def Coord is? We would likely waste Jones' rookie season on special teams like every other defensive playerLeBeau gets

Administrator

User Info Menu

I would be estatic with the top 3 especially....

I'm am probably the least likely person to ever say "<enter name> will be long gone by the time we pick" .... but I think the first 2 picks especially won't be around by the time we pick.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Walter's Football has another mock up from Charlie Campbell (whoever that is). He has the Steelers taking:

1. Mingo, OLB
    2. JJ Wilcox, S, Georgia Southern
    3. LeVeon Bell, RB
    4. TJ McDonald

With the players still available where the Steelers where picking, I'd probably go:

1. Cooper or Vaccoro
    2. Ertz, Terrance Williams, Barrett Jones or De'Andrew Hopkins
    3. Bell makes sense, and that mock also had Chase Thomas, OLB available
    4. McDonald makes sense, as could Terron Armstead (boom or bust), John Bostik, ILB, Brandon Jenkins, OLB
    Last edited by phillyesq; 02-25-2013 at 01:51 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

While Walter has a good mock for the first three rounds, I like mine below as a solid draft tfrom 1 to seven but what do I know, probably I'll be lucky if I get one right.

Oh Yeah, Cooper, Warmack or Fisher would be nice picks if they were available, any one of those three and I would take out Rhodes as my 17 th pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

While Walter has a good mock for the first three rounds, I like mine below as a solid draft tfrom 1 to seven but what do I know, probably I'll be lucky if I get one right.

Oh Yeah, Cooper, Warmack or Fisher would be nice picks if they were available, any one of those three and I would take out Rhodes as my 17 th pick.
    Eifert will be slected in Round 1. USA Today said his combine performance probably moved him into the Top 20.