Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Walter football Mock.... steelers first four picks

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    If we somehow do draft Jones, the Steelers have to get him on the field in some capacity besides special teams, the kid is to good to ride the bench.
    Given who our Def Coord is why would you EVER think that is possible?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Walter's latest for us:

1. OLB Jarvis Jones, Georgia
    2. ILB Kevin Minter, LSU
    3. RB Knile Davis, Arkansas
    4. TE Travis Kelce, Cincinnati
    5. WR Kenny Stills, Oklahoma

I love the first two picks (Zach Ertz would be tempting in round 2, but I'd have to take Minter if he fell to us at #48), and hate the 3rd round pick, especially with Eric Reid still on the board for us in round 3. Davis is a physical freak who was productive in 2010, then injured in 2011, and a complete non-factor in 2012 even though he was healthy. In the 4th, why would you be willing to take a chance on an average TE like Kelce coming off sports hernia surgery and not a potentially elite RB like Lattimore coming off knee surgery...if you are going to take a chance on an injured player in the middle rounds, you might as well swing for the fences. Kenny Stills provides solid value in round 5, so I'd stick with that pick. Based on who Walter has available for us where we are picking, I would take:

2. ILB Kevin Minter, LSU
    3. FS Eric Reid, LSU
    4. RB Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina
    I agree. I like the first 2 picks, and while Ertz is tempting in the second, I think you have to go with Minter. In the third, I'm not sure about Reid, but Stedman Bailey, Phillip Thomas and Da'Rick Rodgers, among others, are tempting. And I'd probably prefer Bell over Davis at RB. Barrett Jones also fits nicely as a guy who can back up every spot on the line and probably eventually step in as a starter.

In the 4th, if taking a risk, I might even take Mathieu. I also see TJ McDonald as a guy who makes sense.

If the draft falls as Walter predicts, I think I'd do the following right now:

1) DeAndre Hopkins
    2) Minter
    3) Sio Moore
    4) TJ McDonald
    5) Dysert

With Bradshaw signed as a free agent.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Based on who Walter has available for us where we are picking, I would take:

2. ILB Kevin Minter, LSU
    3. FS Eric Reid, LSU
    4. RB Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina
    I would absolutely love for the draft to unfold this way!
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Given who our Def Coord is why would you EVER think that is possible?
    If an injury occurs to Worlids maybe. I know Carter backs up Worlids but JJ should be an upgrade over Cater even as a rookie.
    Of course Jarvis could be gone by the time we pick, so in that case pick the mismatch maker Eifert and call it a day.