Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knile Davis just ran a 4.30 at 227 lbs!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Knile Davis just ran a 4.30 at 227 lbs!!

31 reps at 225 and runs a 4.30? Wow!!
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

There goes this kid being a mid rounder. Someone now will draft him too high. I think he's too much of an injury risk to be worth drafting where he'll now go.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

offical 40 was 4.37! I think it is Jerry Jones who loves guys from Arkansas. He might over draft him.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Test his blood

Legend

User Info Menu

Is it just Chadman, or did all the RB's (with a few exceptions) run a bit slower than expected?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Is it just Chadman, or did all the RB's (with a few exceptions) run a bit slower than expected?
    Yeah but a RB needs to be more quick than fast. I believe Doug Martin ran a 4.55 last year and we saw how his quickness was and translated into success.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Mayock must be right for RB's. Tape don't lie. Cause I agree with Chadman. Most of the backs seemed to run slow for there height/weight. Hope they run at there pro day. I will put a few below. Most of the RB's I have seen posted on here seem to be slower then I figured they would be compared to height/weight. Maybe being 5'8 or under is a good thing with all the tall linemen. Get lost in the mess once they hit the hole. Dub were did Martin run 4.55? Combine results say 4.46.

Montee Ball 5'10 215 4.65 1.59 Some here like him. But on paper here he is slower then Dwyer. WTF?

Andre Ellington- 5'9 199 4.59 1.53 figured he would be faster also. Same as Dwyer at 229lbs. WTF?

Ray Graham- 5'9 199 4.71 1.61- wow?
    G. Bernard - 5'8 202 4.50 1.53 - Mendanhall ran 4.41 at 225.
    Last edited by SS Laser; 02-24-2013 at 11:01 PM.

Starter

User Info Menu

Arian Foster 4.68 low 4.58 high 4.76 Pro Day 4.69

Alfred Morris 4.63 low 4.56 high 4.74 Pro Day 4.61

I remembered someone mentioned this in an earlier thread on RB's. Neither of them did any burning.

Nonetheless Davis will surely be getting a lot closer look. He was mentioned in the thread covering RB's about Ellington a couple weeks ago, but always in a matter of fact way.

I bet Lacy can break 4.50.

Starter

User Info Menu

There were probably a couple others that improved their draft status.

Kerwynn Williams who is in Dee Dubs draft [Better move him up to 6th]

Mike Gillislee who Chadman likes as a situational back. This surprised me I was leaning to Burkhead but he did not show much.[Not really sure]

In Chadman's thread it was posted there were 38 RB's at the combine. There are several sites that have those results in grid form. It is kind of easy to take a quick look and compare the players. Some better than expected. Others a bit disappointing, but most just did what they figured to do. My browser won't post those type grids for security reasons but if you just take a look at the listings you can pretty much see who did what and in what direction.

I thought Johnathan Joseph did very well. He may have even improved his status.

But what might be more interesting are the ones that may have gone the other way. Some have already been mentioned. A site called footballsfuture has an easy to read grid. Take a look and find some more sleepers or dropdowns.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Did his ankles hold up for his entire combine workout? Kniles Davis's abilities wasn't a secret. There is a reason a guy with his abilities that mirror 1st round talent warrants mid round consideration. He has shown the durability of a plastic spork since high school.