Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Take it for what its worth: Steelers drooling over Ansah

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Take it for what its worth: Steelers drooling over Ansah

Don't think he will be there for us at 17, because he's going top ten imho.

Tony Pauline [url]www.draftinsider.com[/url]

[url]https://twitter.com/TonyPauline[/url]

Word is the Pittsbugh Steelers drooling over Ezekial Ansah/BYU as a 3-4 OLB
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

Personally, I would love that pick (3-4 OLB or better yet 4-3 DE) however if the Steelers are "drooling" in public you can be assured they have no plans to take him.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Personally, I would love that pick (3-4 OLB or better yet 4-3 DE) however if the Steelers are "drooling" in public you can be assured they have no plans to take him.
    Me too. But as a 3-4 OLB. He has rarely had the opportunity to be lined up off the edge with one on one competition. I think in a few years everyone will look back as him being the best overall defensive player out of this draft.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Me too. But as a 3-4 OLB. He has rarely had the opportunity to be lined up off the edge with one on one competition. I think in a few years everyone will look back as him being the best overall defensive player out of this draft.

Aside from Jarvis Jones of course
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Can we afford two ZIGGY'S on the team? JK

He looks to be a promising prospect for the NFL, cool name too.... Ezekial Ansah.
    Last edited by supersteeler; 02-22-2013 at 05:26 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd consider trading up to get him if it's possible. People compare him to JPP, but I think he's got the frame to get even bigger and think he could turn into a more athletic version of Richard Seymour who can line up all over the place to create mismatches.

Use him at DE on passing downs. Try him at OLB. Even put him on the nose.

I think this could could be the most versatile player in the draft giving you so much flexibility in your front 7. Lebeau could effective have 3 roving players on D that you never know what they're gonna do in Troy, Timmons, and Ansah.

Ziggy is the Ansah to all this team's problems.

Legend

User Info Menu

Isn't he a little older than most prospects? That's not the Steelers M.O. to pick older guys.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Isn't he a little older than most prospects? That's not the Steelers M.O. to pick older guys.
    He's "allegedly" 23. But you can never trust a birth certificate from Ghana. He might be 16

I didn't realize this one. Not a young junior, so not realistically on Colbert's board. But I think you'd have to take a hard look at him at 17 if he drops that far because he's so natural. His age might play to his advantage. Otherwise, he might be a top 5-10 pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

He doesn't fit the profile at all. With that said the Steelers would be foolish to pass on him. He will be the real deal.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Walter Football shows that the Steelers have indeed met with Ansah at the combine. Here's a short list of prospects they've interviewed and shown interest in up til now....

Ezekiel Ansah, DE/OLB, BYU (COM)
    John Cooper, G, North Carolina (COM)
    Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma (COM)

Interestingly enough, they haven't interviewed Warmack. I read an article yesterday that had some disappointed in him at weigh in because he was only 6'2".

[URL="http://walterfootball.com/draft2013meetingsteams.php"]http://walterfootball.com/draft2013meetingsteams.php

[/URL]
    Last edited by Jooser; 02-23-2013 at 08:24 AM.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION