Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SKL live from Indy

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    What's the coolest thing happening in Indy this week that no one's talking about?
    One thing few people know is that it's not just about these college kids. Everyone who is anyone (or wants to be anyone) is here. Including every agent, coach, wanna be coach, tv, radio and internet analyst. Guys who have been out of the league for a year or two. It's the biggest job interview in the country. Every restaurant in town is buzzing with football people.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    One thing few people know is that it's not just about these college kids. Everyone who is anyone (or wants to be anyone) is here. Including every agent, coach, wanna be coach, tv, radio and internet analyst. Guys who have been out of the league for a year or two. It's the biggest job interview in the country. Every restaurant in town is buzzing with football people.
    That's awesome. Hopefully you get to meet some cool people this week and get some scoop for us.

Say hi to the fine folks at the Slippery Noodle for me. That's my favorite hangout in Indy.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Renfree had a fantastic year at Duke, Big strong pocket passer. Will drop a bit due to a torn pec muscle but is expected a full recovery.

Gotta disagree with the "strong" part here. Renfree is tall, but he is a little slight for his height. I have seen him play twice, and I would not call his arm exceptionally "strong" either. He is a finesse guy imho, and a good one at that. Checked some draft "experts" and most say his arm strength is not a plus for him. I think his greatest strengths are his cerebral gifts and the mentoring of Cutcliffe. He is a winner, very accurate and manages the game well.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Pouncey would be a great LG. His pulling abilities are spot on. I can see him pulling left on sweeps, etc. Don't be surprised if he ends up there as his career goes along. However, I won't be surprised if he stays at C too. lol
    Last edited by pfelix73; 02-25-2013 at 12:18 AM.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Gotta disagree with the "strong" part here. Renfree is tall, but he is a little slight for his height. I have seen him play twice, and I would not call his arm exceptionally "strong" either. He is a finesse guy imho, and a good one at that. Checked some draft "experts" and most say his arm strength is not a plus for him. I think his greatest strengths are his cerebral gifts and the mentoring of Cutcliffe. He is a winner, very accurate and manages the game well.
    Never said he had an exceptionally strong arm. Said he is. 6'3" 220. Yes his strengths are accuracy and anticipation.