Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Depth in this years draft is excellent

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Depth in this years draft is excellent

Not really in Kevin's history but I would love to see multiple trade downs and load up on second and third round picks. Ideally would love to see 10 picks. We have more holes this year than I can remember in quite some time. 49ers have a ton of picks and few holes...could be a nice trade partner.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I would like to see it to; it usually works well for those who do it, including the Pats. Let's not forget, they found a way to win 3 SBs and still never had much of a down period. Granted, they haven't won one since, but they still have remained a good team every year. Drafting is somewhat about luck - and the more flips of a coin you have, the better your odds of landing some good players. That being said, Colbert has NOT shown he is good at finding later round gems. As a matter of fact, he kind of sucks at it. If we could get multiple second and third round picks, that might work best.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Not really in Kevin's history but I would love to see multiple trade downs and load up on second and third round picks. Ideally would love to see 10 picks. We have more holes this year than I can remember in quite some time. 49ers have a ton of picks and few holes...could be a nice trade partner.
    I agree with you about this years draft and the depth there is, but I do not agree about the Steelers having more holes this year and in need of 10 picks. This team to me has only a couple of holes. They are still on the verge of being great. They were 6-3 and and had just beat the defending Super Bowl Champions rather easily in their house and then the Steelers star QB was injured. I agree with LeBeau in that this team had a chance to make a championship run this past year. If Ben stays healthy Steeler fans are not so gloom and doom right now.

Tweak a few things on this team and it makes a run this year. Depth is over-rated. 10 picks are not going to make this roster. What this team needs is 3-4 solid to great picks.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I would like to see it to; it usually works well for those who do it, including the Pats. Let's not forget, they found a way to win 3 SBs and still never had much of a down period. Granted, they haven't won one since, but they still have remained a good team every year. Drafting is somewhat about luck - and the more flips of a coin you have, the better your odds of landing some good players. That being said, Colbert has NOT shown he is good at finding later round gems. As a matter of fact, he kind of sucks at it. If we could get multiple second and third round picks, that might work best.

Like I said I want to see multiple 2nds and 3rds. Colbert has drafted very well in those rounds and this year will see a ton of quality players in those rounds.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I agree with you about this years draft and the depth there is, but I do not agree about the Steelers having more holes this year and in need of 10 picks. This team to me has only a couple of holes. They are still on the verge of being great. They were 6-3 and and had just beat the defending Super Bowl Champions rather easily in their house and then the Steelers star QB was injured. I agree with LeBeau in that this team had a chance to make a championship run this past year. If Ben stays healthy Steeler fans are not so gloom and doom right now.

Tweak a few things on this team and it makes a run this year. Depth is over-rated. 10 picks are not going to make this roster. What this team needs is 3-4 solid to great picks.
    A couple of holes? As starters,, yes depending on who we resign and let go. HOWEVER this team is in a dire need of getting younger. We need

1) A REAL backup for Ben
    2) A REAL RB
    3) Offensive line depth
    4) TE depth
    5) Another WR
    6) DL Depth
    7) an ILB & OLB (priority with Harrison going)
    At least one young safety
    9) CB could be a huge need (depending on Lewis)

A couple of holes? We all know that it takes young players longer to see the field in Pittsburgh. We better get a BUNCH soon.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I've mentioned a few times here, I would love to talk Miami into coughing up their 2 seconds and a fourth, for pick 17.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

A couple of holes? As starters,, yes depending on who we resign and let go. HOWEVER this team is in a dire need of getting younger. We need

1) A REAL backup for Ben
    2) A REAL RB
    3) Offensive line depth
    4) TE depth
    5) Another WR
    6) DL Depth
    7) an ILB & OLB (priority with Harrison going)
    At least one young safety
    9) CB could be a huge need (depending on Lewis)

A couple of holes? We all know that it takes young players longer to see the field in Pittsburgh. We better get a BUNCH soon.
    Classic over-reaction. How many of these 9 you list are for starting positions? Maybe 2? Rb and CB? and this is "if" the Steelers dont re-sign Keenan Lewis.

Again I believe a few tweaks on this roster here and there with Ben staying healthy, this team makes another run next year.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Classic over-reaction. How many of these 9 you list are for starting positions? Maybe 2? Rb and CB? and this is "if" the Steelers dont re-sign Keenan Lewis.

Again I believe a few tweaks on this roster here and there with Ben staying healthy, this team makes another run next year.
    I wasn't referring to just starters. However if you want to go there

Mendenhall
    Wallace
    Miller (for probably half a year)
    Starks
    Foster
    Hampton
    Harrison
    Lewis?

And if you are replacing these guys with current roster depth than who replaces those guys????? And yes I agree that we can make another run. We need to see where FA takes this club (historically not very far). Picks are at a premium this year more than ever. Now is not the time to mortgage the future even more than it already is by trading away future picks like your sig suggests.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I wasn't referring to just starters. However if you want to go there

Mendenhall
    Wallace
    Miller (for probably half a year)
    Starks
    Foster
    Hampton
    Harrison
    Lewis?

And if you are replacing these guys with current roster depth than who replaces those guys????? And yes I agree that we can make another run. We need to see where FA takes this club (historically not very far). Picks are at a premium this year more than ever. Now is not the time to mortgage the future even more than it already is by trading away future picks like your sig suggests.
    Mendenhall didnt finish as a starter. Wallace, Starks, and Foster are being shown the door because the Steelers do not want them back and have viable replacements in house.

And the rest you have named are still on the team. So that leaves it with a few tweaks here and there just like I said.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Delusional