Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sio Moore = James Harrison?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sio Moore = James Harrison?

From Senior Bowl Executive Director and former NFL coach and scout Phil Savage regarding Sio Moore at the Senior Bowl..

1. #46 Sio Moore/UConn
    OLB 6006/240 33” arm/10 3-8” hand

Sio was added to the roster on Wednesday and he
    wasted little time in announcing his arrival. With an
    impressive, muscular build, he has the versatility to
    line up inside or outside in the 4-3 or 3-4.
    He flashed instincts, ended up around the football on
    a consistent basis and even showed some pass rush
    ability during his short time in Mobile. Plus, he has
    the temperament to run and cover kicks on special teams.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Sio is built a lot like James Harrison. He has great instincts and has shown the ability to cover. A very nasty, hard hitting, intense player who I believe if he gets stronger, could be a James Harrison type player. The more I see of him, the more I like him. Especially the value that could be had if he is available in late second to late third round.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't think there IS another JH. They broke the mold after that MO FO was born.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I don't think there IS another JH. They broke the mold after that MO FO was born.
    James Harrison was cut 3 times by two different teams before he ever stuck with a team let alone became a starter in the NFL. There are more James Harrison's out there. You just have to develop them just like with James Harrison. He wasnt born great. His mold wasnt very good. He changed that.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    James Harrison was cut 3 times by two different teams before he ever stuck with a team let alone became a starter in the NFL. There are more James Harrison's out there. You just have to develop them just like with James Harrison. He wasnt born great. His mold wasnt very good. He changed that.
    there are a lot of guys with the physical attributes that Harrison has. What sets Deebo apart from the rest is the drive that he has. A guy can be so-so physically, but if he's driven he can still attain greatness over those with greater physical gifts. Hines is another great example of that.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I actually just put him on my mid round OLB watch list. The Steelers seem to like shorter OLB Like Harrison and Woodley.
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    His mold was absolutely superior, it was only the mental aspect that he was struggling with. He is the most natural, killer at OLB that I have ever seen. No other OLB could do ALL the necessary elements as well as JH, after he got a grasp on the D system he was in. He took HIMSELF off the field in camp because he, according to his own words, "Didn't know what F he was doing out there." I have never seen a LB hit as hard as JH, always with perfect leverage, always providing perfect hits. Had they not changed the rules, he'd be even more impressive, but now lays up when he has the chance to knock the crap out of some one. If you think JH isn't special, you really don't fully grasp the game.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I actually just put him on my mid round OLB watch list. The Steelers seem to like shorter OLB Like Harrison and Woodley.
    Shorter guys (as long as they are powerful) win the leverage war, allowing them to push taller blockers out of their way AND allows for much better hitting. When you are taller, it's much more difficult to lay hard hits.

Legend

User Info Menu

When you are taller, it's much more difficult to lay hard hits.

Full Name: John Harold Lambert
    Birthdate: July 8, 1952
    Birthplace: Mantua, Ohio
    High School: Crestwood High
    Drafted: 1974, 2nd round, 1974
    College: Kent State
    Height: 6'4"
    Weight: 220 lbs.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post

Full Name: John Harold Lambert
    Birthdate: July 8, 1952
    Birthplace: Mantua, Ohio
    High School: Crestwood High
    Drafted: 1974, 2nd round, 1974
    College: Kent State
    Height: 6'4"
    Weight: 220 lbs.
    I've seen Jack ran over like he got hit by a Mack Truck by backs like Earl Campbell and Pete Johnson. I have never seen JH get trucked. His lower leverage and insane strength makes that impossible.

Legend

User Info Menu

Gotta agree with Lloyd...the mold was broke with JH. Physically a specimen, mentally...not right in the head...tough...mean...plays with perfect leverage. He is probably the most physical LBr to ever play the game. He is special, big big shoes to fill.
    Trolls are people too.